some of my pics

Greenday92

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
24.jpg

this is me on diamond head, in honolulu, Hawaii, my dad took this pic with a cannon rebelG EOS

P2230024.jpg

what is wrong with my camera??:( I use an Olympus FE-190 and I had the flash off, it was a sunny day but it shouldnt have done this.

P1140073.jpg

this pic came out pretty good IMO, considering I shot it through thick glass
PC310016-1.jpg

heres another pretty cool pic I took, in Indian Rocks Beach, FL near tampa
P1010001.jpg

UT marching band at the outback bowl 2007
PC310005.jpg

Indian Rocks beach
PC310019.jpg

let me know what yall think, I just got my camera, and I take it everywhere with me, thanks

Welcome to the forum! I quite like the last one!

Not sure what happened with the giraffe pic...looks like the sun was just glaring directly into the lens and washed it out? I'm not sure though.

Hope to see lots more from you! :)

Welcome to the forum! I quite like the last one!

Not sure what happened with the giraffe pic...looks like the sun was just glaring directly into the lens and washed it out? I'm not sure though.

Hope to see lots more from you! :)

Thanks! the last one is my favorite too, its alittle off balance though, and every pic that I take in the sunlight now, shows up like that girraffe pic and I dont know why. Maybe its because I dropped my camera:confused: Im sending it in to be fixed in about a week. thanks for the kind words

Oooh, you were editing your post as I was posting...I was referring to the 4th one....

....but I really like the 6th one, too!

Oooh, you were editing your post as I was posting...I was referring to the 4th one....

....but I really like the 6th one, too!

lol cool thanks

Heya "Greenday", welcome to ThePhotoForum.
These are quite neat photos, all of them.
You definitely are on the right track.
The giraffe photo looks like a total and complete overexposure. Taken from below up to the sky (since their are some really TALL animals, aren't they?), which was just too bright for the camera to adjust in time.

My! What was it on that beach that attracted those hundreds of seagulls!?!?!? That is quite an attack of "The Birds", I say! I like that photo best of the entire series, I must say.

POV (= point of view) is really nice in the last one here (sea gull eye-to-eye-view), but it would have been even better if you could have set your camera so the background would have been blurred. But then I don't know what camera you work with and how many options it has?

Heya "Greenday", welcome to ThePhotoForum.
These are quite neat photos, all of them.
You definitely are on the right track.
The giraffe photo looks like a total and complete overexposure. Taken from below up to the sky (since their are some really TALL animals, aren't they?), which was just too bright for the camera to adjust in time.

My! What was it on that beach that attracted those hundreds of seagulls!?!?!? That is quite an attack of "The Birds", I say! I like that photo best of the entire series, I must say.

POV (= point of view) is really nice in the last one here (sea gull eye-to-eye-view), but it would have been even better if you could have set your camera so the background would have been blurred. But then I don't know what camera you work with and how many options it has?

Theres a sea bird sanctuary there and she was dumping out old fish I think... It seems like every picture I take In the sunlight now, comes out like that one so Im not sure whats going on, Im sending my camera back on a warranty to get it fixed becuase I kinda dropped it:confused: but it did no external damage. I have an Olympus FE-190 and Im not sure if I can blur the background with the settings. Thanks tons for the advise! :)

Theres a sea bird sanctuary there and she was dumping out old fish I think... It seems like every picture I take In the sunlight now, comes out like that one so Im not sure whats going on, Im sending my camera back on a warranty to get it fixed becuase I kinda dropped it:confused: but it did no external damage. I have an Olympus FE-190 and Im not sure if I can blur the background with the settings. Thanks tons for the advise! :)

Are you able to change the aperture on your camera? That would be how you blur the background.

Opening up the aperture (setting it to a lower number) narrows your DOF (depth of field, or the part that is in focus), and closing down your aperture (setting it to a higher number) widens your depth of field, and more of the scene will be in focus.

The purpose of blurring the background is to keep the attention on the subject, and helping to eliminate distracting things elsewhere in the scene.

Most reactions

Back