Sony Cyber-shot DSC-WX300 Vs Canon SX280 ?

hyelton

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Im stuck between the two. I can get the Sony Wend if I order this morning from BHPhoto. Or I can drive down to bestbuy and get the Canon SX280 today. Which is recommended over the other and why? I do mostly nature shots, Outdoors, micro, and prob will play around with the zoom when the full moons come. Only thing about the Canon is that ive seen so many things about the battery issues and some say even the firmware update made things worse.

Also I want really good image quality thats good enough anyway for it being point and shoot

Thank you.

I don't think there's much difference between the two except for the ISO range.. High ISO won't really help in these cameras anyway, so go with whichever you feel comfortable with.

I think I`m leaning towards the canon but really worried about that battery issue :/

I haven't really researched about the battery issue, but within that budget I've a good feeling about the Panasonic TZ30.. If not the canon, you may look into this one. Fast shutter speed (not as fast as canon), closer focus distance (helpful for macro) and fast lens are some of the things I noticed.

I haven't really researched about the battery issue, but within that budget I've a good feeling about the Panasonic TZ30.. If not the canon, you may look into this one. Fast shutter speed (not as fast as canon), closer focus distance (helpful for macro) and fast lens are some of the things I noticed.

How about the Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS25? I can get it for $149 it looks pretty decent.

If you're interested in long exposures, then ZS25's 30 sec beats TZ30's 15 sec. But judging by the specs, ISO performance (low light performance) would be a touch better in TZ30. But zs25 is a newer model, so a lot goes on behind the specs too. All in all there won't be too much difference in general shooting I'd say.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back