Sound Healing, does it really heal?

Do they have scientific, peer-reviewed research with results indicating sound healing works?

It's interesting when I saw the episode. I thought this person who making noise was an actor. Not until I researched online. This guy is for real. I have never heard of sound healing before.

bill-nye-dolph-lundgren.jpg

two-of-these-people-are-actual-scientists-so-called-actual-19741817.png

Ah, yes, when you take memes for their face value and don't bother detail checking anything. I have seen that meme going around.

You may not know, if you choose to only get your news from memes, but Bill Nye worked as an engineer for over 30 years, has several patents, is a science educator, and is the head of the Planetary Society.

famous-quotes-and-who-said-them-7.jpg

Ah, yes, when you take memes for their face value and don't bother detail checking anything. I have seen that meme going around.

is it wrong?

his patents include: filling a ziploc bag with water and ballet shoes...

his current position on biology and genetics would make me question any and all medical advice from him.

seems like his tv show (created to make profits, not advancements in science) was debunking it; so that's good. But he's just like these TV chefs you see all the time. Sure they can cook, but their first priority is being on TV and being famous. Just like "Chef" Robert Irvine has his own day-time talk show.

Last edited:
I thought this was going to be about something like music therapy, which seems to help with relaxation or be soothing, etc, not some guy yelling at someone's stomach. Here's an article about it, Nye's show is apparently debunking what's called 'pseudoscience'. The sound 'therapy' uh, school (and I think that's using the term loosely) sounds like a load of bs. There's no accreditation, they're not authorized to issue degrees, it's just some online 'classes' with so called 'instructors'.
http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/tv/2017/04/20/bill-nye-saves-the-world-netflix/1006252

I think sound waves been used for some scientific purposes (what am I thinking of, sonar??) but not just yelling at a 'patient/client' 's body parts. Go watch a physics lecture, I managed to avoid that in school, chemistry was enough of one disaster after another!

is it wrong?
Yes.

It says that Bill Nye is not an actual scientist, while saying that Dolph Lundgren and Dexter Holland are actual scientists. Ironically, Bill Nye was the only one of the three to make a career from his degree.

We should be celebrating the fact that all three men have chosen to have scientific backgrounds. But instead, this meme tries to pit one against another?

How childish.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back