Speed o rama(10 pics)

John_05 said:
im not sure of the spelling, but thats Chip Foose (sp?). he designs custom cars, and has or had a show on TV.

as for the pics, i like them all! i went to a car show in syracuse this past summer, and that was packed too. between the people and all of the cars being so close together, it was really hard to get pics of the whole cars by themselves.
seeing these is really making me rethink alot of things i want so i can save up for a DSLR and maybe a lens or 2, or maybe some new lenses and filters for the Pentax ME i have.

i was at that show, and you are right, it was packed. i got a few pics but nothing great because i only had a cheap point and shoot.

Great shots and one of them even had your name on it Chilly. You did good for such bad lighting. I have not shot an inside show in a long time.

Eric

Great job in tough lighting/crowd conditions. I especially like #3. And too funny about the Chilly sign.

Too bad about that poor deformed creature in #10 (hey, if 95% of the female population doesn't look like that, she must be a freak, right?! That's my story, and I'm stickin' with it :lol: )

Chiller said:
Thanks Cjoe and Joerocket
cjoe...I was not sure about that star filter. It seems the lights in there are really bright, and I wanted to do something with the white orbs that appeared on the cars. In some shots it seemed really over kill.
Joerocket....Chip? Ya mean he is not a race car driver?
Thanks again.

i think it creates a really stylised effect, but could the 'orbs' be fixed with a ND filter?

Someone please correct me if i have the wrong idea about this.

Thank you so much for all you awesome comments and replies. Hmm... now I know who Chip Foose is. The dude sure is popular. I should have taken a pic from overhead to show the line.
Thanks again everyone.

ok, the first words out of all the guys mouths should be, " what, there are cars in this series??" why is it there are never dark evil death angel looking chicks in tight suits showing off thier assests?????

anyway, i really dig the star filter shots...those are just killer...

and the first shot, of the red truck... your right, so red it hurts my eyes...but beautiful....your colors are so brilliant!!

cool shot chiller..

Most reactions

Back