Speed o rama(10 pics)

Chiller

Mental case
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
This is only the second time I have tried to shoot these custom car shows. The crowds were brutal. Seemed, even though I got there early, it was still packed, making it tough to get any shots of the whole car. I was ready to take about 150 or so shots, and ended up taking 52:confused:
....so here are a few.

1. This thing was soo red it hurt my eyes.
167_6720a.JPG

2. No relation :lol:
166_6691a.JPG

167_6736a.JPG

4. This car came with its own fog machine.
167_6703a.JPG

167_6708a.JPG

6. Had the star filter on for a few shots, but the spots on the roof got blown out on this one.
167_6721a.JPG

167_6730a.JPG

8. Anybody know who this dude is. I shot this through a crowd of people who were waiting almost 2 hours to get his autograph
167_6740a.JPG

9. Custom Bicycle
167_6715a.JPG

10. One for the guys.
167_6747a.JPG

Great colours, if not too great. Not sure about the starburst filter, but i suppose its always nice to try somthin out.

It's Chip! man I love his drawings. Nice series Chiller, I really like #4 and #6. Thanks for sharing!

-Joe

Thanks Cjoe and Joerocket
cjoe...I was not sure about that star filter. It seems the lights in there are really bright, and I wanted to do something with the white orbs that appeared on the cars. In some shots it seemed really over kill.
Joerocket....Chip? Ya mean he is not a race car driver?
Thanks again.

where was that show, would love to have seen it, i wish there where some good shows around here

im not sure of the spelling, but thats Chip Foose (sp?). he designs custom cars, and has or had a show on TV.

as for the pics, i like them all! i went to a car show in syracuse this past summer, and that was packed too. between the people and all of the cars being so close together, it was really hard to get pics of the whole cars by themselves.
seeing these is really making me rethink alot of things i want so i can save up for a DSLR and maybe a lens or 2, or maybe some new lenses and filters for the Pentax ME i have.

I really like how you solved your Dang-Never-Get-An-Entire-Car-Into-My-Frames-problem in Photo 3! That one stands out for me much!

All of them are nice, though I am not a car freak, and you did really well, despite the crowds (we feel like you are giving us an exclusive walk round the show ;)). I also like your attempt to make the shiny surfaces a little more glamorous by putting on the star filter. Though I see in how far the many lights from the ceiling were a bit overpowering.

And I wonder WHY ON EARTH someone would want to have his own fog machine in the car. We hate the driving situation when we have to go through the fog ... which can be quite dense at times here. It would NEVER occur to me to produce MY OWN FOG!?!?!?!? :shock: :confused: :lol:

Theres some good ones here chiller. I tried shooting a kit car show over here a few months back, but the studio was too dark couldn't get a fast enough shutter speed for sharpness and the built in flash didn't do me much good! I like the star filter, 1, 4 and 10 - (obviously), are my favs. good job :thumbup:

Great shots Chiller, lots of colour and sparkle, love the star filter shot.. not so keen on the last ;):lmao:

Most reactions

Back