Sports Poster - Need Creative Help Please

Thats a good one Dan.

Couple of things for my personal tastes. I would soften the outer glow a bit (i think its too harsh around his helmet)
I would make his name the vertical length of the poster (increase your font a few pts and custom fit it using free transform tool)
Team name is getting lost, but you dont want it to dominate either.
Decrease your branding, I understand you want people seeing who did the poster, but it's too big for my liking.

Look at the difference from this effort to your original. Huge!! (Paris Hilton, 2009).

Great job on this new version.

Just a few details I would change. I like the red text but the font is almost impossible to read and I would put his name horizontal.

Make your studio name a lot smaller. It doesn't need to be so big to be readable and you are not the subject of the poster.

And last, I would clean up the film on the left side. The film border needs to go all the way across. And I would get rid of the white space between the border and the background image.

Other than that, congrats.

You're a quick learner. I imagine you'll be making some decent money soon with this poster idea.

If you want to keep the name in the same position you could make the lettering horizontal like this:

T
I
M

S
M
I
T
H​

Thanks Guys.

Just a few details I would change. I like the red text but the font is almost impossible to read and I would put his name horizontal.

I was trying to make the red go all the way around (or some black) to go around the entire font, but I couldn't figure out how. I suppose I could do an exact layer over the top of the team name in black with the angle of the shading on the other side? Will that work? hhhmmmm.

I was actually considering changing my watermark to something simple like:
D A N F A R I N A S T U D I O S . C O M. I'll work on that soon.

THANKS AGAIN GUYS.
569808363_kKwmy-L.jpg

DAN

Last edited:
I was trying to make the red go all the way around (or some black) to go around the entire font, but I couldn't figure out how. I suppose I could do an exact layer over the top of the team name in black with the angle of the shading on the other side? Will that work? hhhmmmm.

CS3 has a "Stroke Outline" in the same effects panel as your drop shadow. I dont know about CS, I would assume it's there as well. Or maybe try a Bevel (if you have that).

What's wrong with a big, red, solid font? :lol:

One way to create a shadow that works with most softwares is to just copy the text, give it the shadow color you want and place it behind and slightly off the original. I use that a lot because it gives me 100% control of my shadows.

:thumbup:

Yes! I like that Lacrosse font. And whatever effect you put to it if any. I think it would look very nice on your poster too.

Most reactions

Back