Spouse/Partner keeps borrowing gear

one D810 down .. another to go.

D850. nice. Can I borrow that one ?
I have a spare reflector you can borrow.

Not a problem for me. We have different tastes. I use a DSLR, and she uses a superzoom bridge camera. I bought her a nice Billingham bag to keep her stuff in. If she were more inclined to use my type of gear, I'd buy here enough to keep her away from mine. The lenses, etc, would make great Xmas, BD, anniversary, etc, gifts. Even if she went DSLR, she would want mostly zoom lenses, while I use mostly primes, so I doubt she would be wanting my gear much in any case.

I wish my wife was interested in photography. It would make traveling easier. Quit complaining and buy her a brand new camera set.

Not if you live in a community property state!

May have messed up but I asked the DW if she wanted me to keep the K3II for her to use as we could share most glass. She's going to try it. This should be interesting. LOL

Oh for cryin' out loud, what the hell is with all of the trickery and deceit? You don't want her to borrow your gear? Then say, "Please, I really don't want you borrowing my gear." Or, if you are willing to let her use some things but want them returned to certain settings, then say, "You can borrow these things but please abide by X, Y, or Z conditions." If she doesn't comply, then that item is off the table.

And let her set her own rules about her own gear. If she allows to you borrow any of her gear, you would have to abide with her conditions.

If it's shared gear and you don't like the way she uses it, then suck it up. Same would go for her if she doesn't like what you're doing to the shared gear. If it's truly shared gear, then neither party should be insisting on certain usages or conditions. However, you should come to an agreement about what is or isn't off-limits with the shared gear.

Some of the responses here are truly eye-roll inducing. No need to be spiteful and mess with her stuff or buy things that you truly don't need. Just have some friggin' respect for each other and listen to what the other says.

My wife has her own rules for her gear.
I buy stuff that I think she needs, she goes over them after some time, eventually settles on the ones she actually wants/uses/likes, then I sell of the stuff I bought her that she does not want, then I think of some other thing to buy and she eventually tells me to stop.
Her gear is her gear ... mine is mine.

No one else is touching my D850!

Answer: Can I borrow your garter belt and pantyhose, and add " they may be a little torn when you get them back"

Most reactions

New Topics

Back