Vieri

Fine Art Landscape Photographer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
linktr.ee
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Climbing up to the top of Stair Hole before sunrise, in the crisp air of the morning, is electrifying. Nature offering you a show like this makes the short but steep climb definitely worthwhile. 1.6 seconds with my Hasselblad X1D, Hasselblad XCD 21mm and Formatt-Hitech Firecrest Ultra filters.⁠

X1D1_02411.jpg

Thank you for viewing, best regards

Vieri

Well worth the climb I'd say.

Lovely photograph and great use of the hollows in the foreground to lead the eye in. What's not to like?

Every time I view one of your photos, my bucket list grows. This is beautiful!

Sure...of course this is a fantastic image for various reasons. But there is one interesting aspect that I think is worth discussing in further detail: it’s not easy to effectively use imbalance as an element in a composition. At first look, the empty space on the right seemed out of place, and acted as a sort-of sink hole for the viewer. However....there’s more going on than that! You must look longer and let yourself sink into it for a while. The element introduced on that side is significant, and very cleverly used. It’s not a blank space, or dead space...it’s actually a high point, and on top of that spot is TON of potential energy waiting to be released, and really acts to contain the eye to the left side of the frame. The potential energy adds tension, and is very cleverly used here. The right side adds context to the main subject, which is obviously the reservoir (acting in tandem with the sun to some degree, of course). An intersecting photo for sure.

It triggers my fear of heights response brilliantly.

Well worth the climb I'd say.

Lovely photograph and great use of the hollows in the foreground to lead the eye in. What's not to like?

Thank you very much for your comment, I am glad you enjoyed the photograph! :)

Love the lighting and color!

Thank you very much indeed Jeff! :)

Every time I view one of your photos, my bucket list grows. This is beautiful!

:) Thank you very much Winona, I am glad you enjoyed the photo and that my work is inspiring you to go! :)

Sure...of course this is a fantastic image for various reasons. But there is one interesting aspect that I think is worth discussing in further detail: it’s not easy to effectively use imbalance as an element in a composition. At first look, the empty space on the right seemed out of place, and acted as a sort-of sink hole for the viewer. However....there’s more going on than that! You must look longer and let yourself sink into it for a while. The element introduced on that side is significant, and very cleverly used. It’s not a blank space, or dead space...it’s actually a high point, and on top of that spot is TON of potential energy waiting to be released, and really acts to contain the eye to the left side of the frame. The potential energy adds tension, and is very cleverly used here. The right side adds context to the main subject, which is obviously the reservoir (acting in tandem with the sun to some degree, of course). An intersecting photo for sure.

Hello Charlie,

Thank you very much indeed for your in-depth comment and analysis, that is much appreciated indeed. I completely agree with you about the difficulty of using imbalance in a composition is a way that works, and I am glad you found my composition successful here. I was helped by an amazing location and a spectacular sky, that created a light that made the composition work - I couldn't imagine the same photograph working as well without the light on the open sea side :)

It triggers my fear of heights response brilliantly.

:D Thank you for your comment! There is some space up there, but for someone suffering of fear of heights, it's probably not the best place to be... ;)

Wonderful

Thank you very much indeed, glad you enjoyed it! :)

Another beautiful image.....

Thank you very much indeed Jeff, glad you enjoyed it! :)

The early bird gets the shot.

Indeed! :)

Best regards,

Vieri

Absolutely outstanding!

I love the way the "spine" of the mountain on the right leads the eye to the lake/reservoir and that beautiful golden light.

I love the way the "spine" of the mountain on the right leads the eye to the lake/reservoir and that beautiful golden light.

Thank you very much indeed, glad you enjoyed it! :) That is actually (and amazingly) a cove, the water is sea water - is almost perfectly round, and has a very small opening to sea... it's really a a very cool place!

Best regards,

Vieri

Totally agree Charlie. My first impression wasn't one of empty space. I noticed two color contrasts, one between that deep dark blue and the orange water and the other between that deep dark blue and the warm tones in that knife-like ridge. That deep blue seems the anchor that allows the eye to keep moving through the image, as you said.

Truly impressive work Vieri, the eye moves through frame to where you want due to your choices of color and luminosity contrasts.

Most reactions

Back