Star Trails

I'm sure there is an advantage, but i'm going to be shooting at a higher ISO, than I wouldn't want the stars to be moving

Killer shot but I'm still not sure why you would want to limit yourself to single a exposure on star trails.

Killer shot but I'm still not sure why you would want to limit yourself to single a exposure on star trails.

Thanks. Also, I used continuous shooting for this picture, which was a great help and a hundred times better than pressing a remote shutter each time, but should I still consider an intervalometer? I had to count how many pictures had been taken on a piece of paper, which got a little annoying.

You could have taken one exposure for about 30 minutes and got the same effect with no editing needed.

You could have taken one exposure for about 30 minutes and got the same effect with no editing needed.

I could have, but I like doing the editing to get the end picture, and also if a plane flies across the sky it is easier to remove, also, you can get more stars (I think) from multiple exposures

Here is a picture without the plane trail and editing (and the original for comparision) Tell me if you think it looks any better

OrionStarTrails.jpg
OrionStarTrails-EDIT.jpg

Most reactions

Back