Still Shopping what lens next????

You know my dad would say you have money buring a hole in your pocket ;)

But if you want fast AF speed move away from the macro lenses - move right away. Macro photography puts little demand on the need for AF. The 150mm has a faster and better as (HSM) over the 105mm which just has a regluar AF - which similar to my 70mm will be loud and not very fast at all. For snaps of things its ok but I would not do sports with these lenses and expect easy results.

The 135mm L should suit you needs in this department and the difference between 100mm and 135 is not that great that you will notice.

But if you want fast AF speed move away from the macro lenses - move right away. Macro photography puts little demand on the need for AF. The 150mm has a faster and better as (HSM) over the 105mm which just has a regluar AF - which similar to my 70mm will be loud and not very fast at all. For snaps of things its ok but I would not do sports with these lenses and expect easy results.

The 135mm L should suit you needs in this department and the difference between 100mm and 135 is not that great that you will notice.

Thanks for the Advice. I plan on shooting 2 cameras, 1d with 100mm USM and 5d with 135 L, think this will be a sweet set up I think I am going with it!!!!

Less shopping, more shooting. Buying more equipment won't help if you can't use it well.

Less shopping, more shooting. Buying more equipment won't help if you can't use it well.

I know people would start to say that, trust me shooting will be coming. I have a whole business plan and advertising strategy. I am combining a photo package with my video package as a bundle and when I offer them together I want to have everything top notch. This is the quiet before the storm. As for shooting I have a good eye I just need to be here to learn more of technical side of things, going from video to photo is a whole other animal but I think I got the skills for it, just need to be here with you guys and get into my own groove. I allowed a certain amount of money from my video business to put into the photography aspect and I am just about done building. I believe I am only going to buy one more lens. My first wedding is booked for next weekend however I will be using the 5D as a second HD video cam, I hope to be able to sneak in a few shots without being obtrusive however.

Thanks for the Advice. I plan on shooting 2 cameras, 1d with 100mm USM and 5d with 135 L, think this will be a sweet set up I think I am going with it!!!!

That does not make sense you will have 2 cameras shooting at about the same focal range :confused:

That does not make sense you will have 2 cameras shooting at about the same focal range :confused:

yes 3 cameras 2 shooting video, one 100mm and the other will be handheld with camera rig for 5D and the last one is a small HD "helmet cam" mounted on the podium for a few interesting personal cut away shots. I may chose to run one with the 70-200 however... either-way I almost need 2 of everything because I shoot 2 cameras simultaneously and if my partner wants to grab a lens I like to have one similar that I can use too. All of my lenses fit on my SONY FX1 high definition camcorder and shooting this matches nicely with the tests I have done with the 5D.

f
4333027206_841be09885.jpg
4333027368_143b41d851.jpg

f

Last edited:
So did you pick up any of the lens you were considering?

I think it came down to the 135mm f/2.0L prime lens, cant find one bad thing anyone has said about it... and then I will be looking into lighting but that's after a few more gigs I got lined up in march/april/may thanks for helping me shop guys! It really did help me out tremendously.

I know people would start to say that, trust me shooting will be coming. I have a whole business plan and advertising strategy. I am combining a photo package with my video package as a bundle and when I offer them together I want to have everything top notch. This is the quiet before the storm. As for shooting I have a good eye I just need to be here to learn more of technical side of things, going from video to photo is a whole other animal but I think I got the skills for it, just need to be here with you guys and get into my own groove. I allowed a certain amount of money from my video business to put into the photography aspect and I am just about done building. I believe I am only going to buy one more lens. My first wedding is booked for next weekend however I will be using the 5D as a second HD video cam, I hope to be able to sneak in a few shots without being obtrusive however.

It will be a few years before you are good enough to shoot stills at a wedding, it's not something you pick up over night. You won't have time to shoot video and stills at the same time, shooting stills only is hard enough

It will be a few years before you are good enough to shoot stills at a wedding, it's not something you pick up over night. You won't have time to shoot video and stills at the same time, shooting stills only is hard enough

I realize this that's why I have a 1D and a my Business partners wife DeeDee that has all the photog experience, she completes our trio of "ALIAS PROS" Alias Productions / Coastal Media Pros She has a lot of equipment too, very talented. Trust me we have our bases covered and we are respected in our area, I know I don't have respect here because I am a rookie, but I keep my self updated on equipment and try to keep myself around skilled people to challenge myself such as many good people here. :thumbup:

I think it came down to the 135mm f/2.0L prime lens, cant find one bad thing anyone has said about it... and then I will be looking into lighting but that's after a few more gigs I got lined up in march/april/may thanks for helping me shop guys! It really did help me out tremendously.

I don't think the members here have a problem helping you shop....b/c inside it kind of makes us feel like we are going to get a UPS box soon too :lmao: .

Keep making purchases you feel are necessary and keep shooting.

I don't think the members here have a problem helping you shop....b/c inside it kind of makes us feel like we are going to get a UPS box soon too :lmao: .

Keep making purchases you feel are necessary and keep shooting.

Thanks R6 dude, I ride a Suzuki SV650S with full fairing gotta post some pics of it here...

^^Guess there are quite the number of riders on here. M buddy has the SV650, comfortable ride.

Keep us posted on your decision.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back