Stress: A general discussion

imagemaker46

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Website
imagecommunications.ca
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
As my last thread about stress was locked before any meaningful discussion could be launched. In regards to photography being a stressful occupation without putting a label on any field in particular. What does the average person, amateur or professional, think about it? I have my opinions on stress within the professional community and the affects that it has and will have. We can rule out photojournalism, because photojournalism takes in too many fields of photography. I can add that being a photojournalist doesn't just mean covering wars, or news, or sports, or weddings, or well ok anything. Regardless of what you shoot do you find stress?

Is photography a full time stressful occupation?

While what Bitter says is ABSOLUTELY TRUE...

On a more serious note, EVERY profession has it's stresses. From working at McDonalds as a burger flipper to being the CEO as a multinational coropration. Which is more stressful may depend on the person, but everyone has stress at times.

I don't know all professions but I've worked as a pro photographer and an IT manager, and I can tell you I'd say both are about equally as stressful at times, but as a photographer I've gotten to spend more time outside in the sun. :)

Can you imagine how much stress is involved in setting a $60k diamond? Screw wedding photography!

For a lot of photographers who weren't complete computer geeks before the turn of the century, everything is top-heavy with tech and all that comes with global information exchange. That's a baffling learning curve for many people who grew up without all this.

I was reading a consumer-focussed tech-blog a few months ago and it occurred to me that a person transported in time from the 1970's to the present would've found it total gibberish to understand.

I really can't imagine. Although I suppose having to cut the diamond woruld be a little stressful as well. I think marring the woman that is getting the $60k diamond would generate a little stress.

How about being the person responsible for 110 kids.....lol Aging from 6 wks old to 12 yrs!!! Dealing w/ parents is not the easiest of jobs....lol

I work in the office now but when I was in the field I had a bit of stress to deal with. Ever try keeping calm while putting out a fire while you are standing on top of a 28,000 gallon propane tank?

I work in the office now but when I was in the field I had a bit of stress to deal with. Ever try keeping calm while putting out a fire while you are standing on top of a 28,000 gallon propane tank?

DING......^^^^^^^^^^^WINNER :lol:

I don't want to give a false hero impression or anything though. I'm the one that caused the fire so it seemed putting it out was the right thing to do. Plus I don't think I had time to out run it.

Most reactions

Back