stuff for start ...

Radddar

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi, I would like buy my ferst slr camera with some lens, I would like shoot sport pic.
I don't now what I can buy for start, I don't have any money right now, but my financial situation probably will by change in couple weeks :).
What are you thing nikon or canon ?
For my it's big problem, because a lot of people told my canon and a lot of people told my nikon, but I'm a little closer to nikon.And my ferst idea for right now is buy good lens [ the best 70-200 f/2.8 is ... ] and some cheap camera >>>> for instent d50, d60 for learn and probably used ???
What are you think ?
I would like shoot pictures for all sport but the most interesing for me are boks, judo, wresling, jiu-jitsu, futbol, socce{meybe}, some car race { probably wrc ], maybe swimm, ...
What are you think I can start witch cheaper lens ? if yes say which one ??? sorry for my language but I'm from europe and I learn english :p

lol dont ask people to help you decide between canon or nikon. its really all up to how you feel about either. people always say this but honestly its the best advice: go to a camera store and hold and fire off a few shots with every camera youre considering. that way you'll sort of gain a preference for which feels best to you, both companies are great so you cant really go wrong.

And its gonna take you a while to rack up the cash for a 70-200 F/2.8 IS that thing runs about $2000, although i just saw it on sale on B&H for 1500. plus a camera body. you might want to try getting a cheaper lens to start off with and learn the technical side a bit before you dive right in like that.

My two cents.

lol dont ask people to help you decide between canon or nikon. its really all up to how you feel about either. people always say this but honestly its the best advice: go to a camera store and hold and fire off a few shots with every camera youre considering. that way you'll sort of gain a preference for which feels best to you, both companies are great so you cant really go wrong.

And its gonna take you a while to rack up the cash for a 70-200 F/2.8 IS that thing runs about $2000, although i just saw it on sale on B&H for 1500. plus a camera body. you might want to try getting a cheaper lens to start off with and learn the technical side a bit before you dive right in like that.

My two cents.

The Sigma version runs for about $600-$700 used and $900 new...That would be a fine alternative, as I use that same lens for sports pictures now.

I used the D50, but I don't suggest that camera at this point...I'd go ahead and get the D60, or the D80.

hmmm probably i will buy nikon d60 used [ i dont have realy big money, and i would like start with something simpler to use, maybe you have diffrent idea ? ].
70-200 f/2.8 from nikon [ it cost around 1,600 $ right now ], I would like buy good lens one time and don't have problem with lens in the future.
What you can say about sigma 70-200 f/2.8 ??? [ people who work from sport photograpy use this lens, or profesional photographers use only canol and nikon lens ? ]
If I would like make sport photograpy in side [ boks, kick-boks, jiu-jitsu, judo, wresling itp. ] i need 70-200 or i can use something worst ? offcorse witch f/2.8

I'm glad to hear you have made up your mind, with or without the help from the TPF crowd.
At the end of the day, the choice of brand and type of camera remains yours and only yours. No one can really help you! You must go, touch them, feel them, use them, see results, and decide for the one that suits you best. No matter what anyone else says.

May I ask you whereabouts here in Europe is your home?

I'm in ny right now, but I born in Poland and I'll back there, but I don't now exaclly when :p.
If I'll buy d60 and 70-200 f/2.8 is chance to add photo to some newspaper (which i'll make from this stuff ? ) or quality will be too bad for photo to some sport magazine ?

Well, personally I'm not sure it is the equipment, after all, which gives you the opportunity to make money from freelancing with some newspapers. It is the quality of the photo as such. If it is earthshatteringly good, the editor might buy it from you, no matter if it was taken with a compact digital camera or the latest model of the best camera around. But if it is just any photo that all your "colleagues" around you have taken, too, you might have a hard time scraping together the money you will need to pay the installments for your camera body and lens...

What qualifications do you have that could suggest to any editor that you are a photographer, after all?

Most reactions

Back