Suggestions for honeymoon gear.

I totally snickered when I came across this thread title =P

Yes, that is the same reason I came to this post, when I saw the 'headline' Felt a bit down in the dumps today, so on seeing the question, I thought that will not cheer me up, but give me a damned good laugh. And it did. Best of luck with your wedding, HONEYMOON, and have a long and happy married life. Don't forget the bride's wedding ring, and of course your camera.

Ummmmm, honeymoon gear....hmmm....blindfold, couple of feathers, honey, ice cubes, chocolate syrup, some canned whipped cream, some silk gloves, rubber sheets, stack of Luther Vandross CDs...oh wait,wait,wait....you mean like camera gear? Pshaw....take whatever you have...won't matter much. Don't go overboard, If anything, I'd think about adding a small Flip-type video camera that shoots directly to 4-gigabyte SD cards, and shooting lots of short video clips of fun places and events.

I'd agree with most of the posters above ... do NOT take serious camera gear on your honeymoon. It'd be nice to grab some memories from a P&S (and yeah, why not let your new wife "drive" it), but if there's a time you should have your focus on other things than your photography...

Right now i have canon 60d with 18-200mm, 50mm and tripod. I'm thinking of upgrading my backpack so I'm able to fit my tripod inside but I'm wondering if anyone else has any other suggestions on lens etc. I know I need a few more memory cards and another battery. Thanks in advance!
Take the tripod, but leave the 60D and bring a small camcorder instead. Preferably one that is pretty good in low light.

:lol:

edit
On a serious note, I would probably just bring a body and one or two lenses. Maybe a 50 and an 85... I wouldn't expect to use it much though... Honestly, a P&S would be more handy.

Right now i have canon 60d with 18-200mm, 50mm and tripod. I'm thinking of upgrading my backpack so I'm able to fit my tripod inside but I'm wondering if anyone else has any other suggestions on lens etc. I know I need a few more memory cards and another battery. Thanks in advance!
Take the tripod, but leave the 60D and bring a small camcorder instead. Preferably one that is pretty good in low light.
Didn't Sony make ones a few years ago with "night vision" that could inadvertently see through people's clothes? Yeah, go with that one.

Didn't Sony make ones a few years ago with "night vision" that could inadvertently see through people's clothes? Yeah, go with that one.

A honeymoon camcorder shouldn't have to be able to see through clothes though...lol.

OP, bring whatever you want, but don't expect to use it much. :lol: (Camera gear, that is.)

I suggest lots of alcohol, and lots of tanning lotion (depends on where you're going though...) - leave everything else at home, including any inhibitions you may have. :lol:

Clothing, optional.

Have fun and don't worry about the pictures so much. You won't be able to do something like this again for a very long time if you do your job and get her knocked up. :lol:

Where are you going on the honeymoon? If its Miami beach, I would leave all telephotos at home. You may be too tempted to aim it at some thong clad beach bunny and your honeymoon may be over before it even gets fully started.....:lol:

Most reactions

Back