Suggestions Wanted

CowboyPictures

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I am just starting out in the photography feild ( i'm 16). I am wondering, how do you get noticed? I recently went to a 4H competition and was told that to be so young I have a heck of an "eye" and natural ability to take good pictures. I would like to become more involved and really proceed with this, but I don't know where to begin any suggestions?

The elusive starting point. Well, if you already have a start with a 4H club, go to thier events and take some shots of thier livstock recieving awards. Offer to sell them copies. Find out if any newsletters, brochures or other publications would like to use your photos in exchange for a credit line. Get copies of anything your photos appear in and add these to your credits and portfolio. The more shots you can get published, the more value you work will have to future customers. I supply photos to my towns Chamber of Commerce and have several on their web site and other publications.

Good Luck

PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE!!! Also think about your future in the way of formal education. Photography can take you to some amazing places and a good understanding of it will be your means to get there. Welcome to TPF!!!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back