What's new

Sunday Nature Walk

Ryan L

TPF Noob!
Joined
Apr 20, 2010
Messages
1,321
Reaction score
89
Location
Shelbyville, MI
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Just my Sunday nature stroll

1
_MG_9436-1.jpg



2
_MG_9677.jpg


3 I waited and waited for this thing to start singing to me so I could capture what Ron Evers got the other day....Didn't happen.
_MG_9632-1.jpg


4. Can someone explain how I have motion blur in front of the jumping frog??
_MG_9658.jpg
 
#4, you need to use Rear Curtain sync with the flash.

What you have here is the flash catching the frog at the begining of the leap, then the shutter is remaining open long enough to capture the movement. If your flash fires with the rear curtain, the blur would be behind the frog. The begining of the exposure would record the blur, and then *POW* the flash will freeze the action.

I like #1, but the bird is too close to the edge. What I love is how the tree on the right mimics the birds neck.
 
Thanks for the rear curtain info, I remember reading that now recently. I just couldn't place what it was.

Here is the uncropped of 1, I could leave a bit more on the left, but not much.

_MG_9436-2.jpg
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom