Take 2

fsquare

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
OK so a few weeks ago I posted this and got some great feedback from you guys on how to improve it. Previous thread here
http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/people-photography/267677-home-setup-c-c.html
and this was one of the images posted
6598045005_bbba8818ab_z.jpg

Here my second attempt...please don't critic the model, makeup, attire...she had a rough day lol...i just need some feedback on the lighting. I also know the focus looks soft and can't grasp why..sure i was handhelp but at 1/200 and with VR i shouldn't be having this freaking issue.

6670563189_0bf482b844_b.jpg

Last edited:
and here's another of my little girl.

6670662655_fbc6db8165_z.jpg

Some harsh shadows underneath her chin. I had the softbox camera right positioned a little too high

OK so a few weeks ago I posted this and got some great feedback from you guys on how to improve it. Previous thread here
http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/people-photography/267677-home-setup-c-c.html

Here my second attempt...please don't critic the model, makeup, attire...she had a rough day lol...i just need some feedback on the lighting. I also know the focus looks soft and can't grasp why..sure i was handhelp but at 1/200 and with VR i shouldn't be having this freaking issue.

6670563189_2557987235_b.jpg

The sweater looks really sharp, so it must be model movement or a DOF issue. I think the colour cast in the hair light is not servicing this pic very well. The green on purple is a harsh contrast. Were you trying to create a glow or just create some separation.

Some harsh shadows underneath her chin. I had the softbox camera right positioned a little too high

This looks pretty good to me. If you could manage a reflector underneath, I think that would light up the eyes and chin for you.

6670563189_2557987235_b.jpg

The sweater looks really sharp, so it must be model movement or a DOF issue. I think the colour cast in the hair light is not servicing this pic very well. The green on purple is a harsh contrast. Were you trying to create a glow or just create some separation.

I was trying to create separation and brought the power way down to 1/64 but i didn't use any type of modifier. I'll learn next time around. I was working with a white background and wanted to have it at least a charcoal colour so i had the subject about 10-12 feet from the background but her hair was blending way too much into it. I should of lit it from on top instead of directly behind her.

This looks pretty good to me. If you could manage a reflector underneath, I think that would light up the eyes and chin for you.

Ya great idea for the reflector but I only have one and in this shot I was using it to create a rim light for separation. This was my set up

Softbox camera right at 45 degrees set to 1/2 power, silver umbrella camera left partially closed for more direct light set to 1/4 power, reflector position behind and to the right of subject opposite of softbox used for seperation. Subject is about 10ft from white background.

I don't remember exactly but i metered the softbox and it showed F11...i then metered the umbrella and it metered at 5.6...i stuck with the F11 when i should of increased the power of that umbrella's strobe.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back