Taking all input....

AaronM

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Let me know what you think...good or bad.

Attachments

• $IMG_5739.jpg
    $IMG_5739.jpg
    187.4 KB · Views: 65
  • $IMG_8270.jpg
    $IMG_8270.jpg
    437.3 KB · Views: 48
  • $IMG_8333.jpg
    $IMG_8333.jpg
    330 KB · Views: 55
  • $IMG_8418.jpg
    $IMG_8418.jpg
    421.6 KB · Views: 46
  • $IMG_8500.jpg
    $IMG_8500.jpg
    217.2 KB · Views: 54
1. Bad

2. Good - but watch that horizon line. You've got the ocean tilted. I like the solitude of the lone fisherman at sunset.

3. Good & Bad. You've got an image of structure and repetition. It's not leading to anything, which would help the image, but these are always good learning shots. But in this case the focus is soft. Watch the depth of field and focus. Images of structure and strength look better if they show tack-sharp detail.

4. Ok, I'm a sucker for photos of stars. I see you've got the Pleiades, Hyades, and Jupiter in this one. Foreground elements (such as a tree in your case) can add some nice interest to a photo of just stars alone. There's a ton of "noise" in this image as well as elongated stars (especially noticeable in the top and left sides). But I'm REALLY distracted by whatever it is that's covering up the right 1/3rd of the image. Is that the trunk of a palm tree?

5. Nice detail on the fireworks and I do like the multicolored red/green reflection off the water. It's a bit soft on the water.

Ha..Thanks. Still practicing. Thanks a lot for the input, and yes it's the trunk of a palm tree.

I like the 2nd one best. Like Tim said your horizon line is a bit tilted...should be an easy fix.

I liked 1 for some reason. (The ambient feel to it, didn't like how that power cord shows)

3 looks good just if you would have stepped one more time to the right and used a higher f stop looks blurry in most parts. But good concept I think.

And the fireworks looks great for what it is. Good work my friend.

1 isn't bad at all. The silhouetted horse makes it, I think. It's certainly not to everyone's taste, though.

2 and 3 are pretty decent examples of cliches we have seen.. well, a lot. Really a lot. A LOT, if you know what I mean. Technical remarks above apply, but they're not the main problem.

I don't know what to make of 4. It's technically a horror show, noisy, out of focus foreground elements, what now? On the other hand, like 1, it kind of holds my attention and makes me wonder a bit. It's got a weird point of view sensation to it, like I am waking up on the beach incredibly hung over, an hour before dawn. If you lost the palm fronds, the tree trunk, or the stars it would disintegrate to nothing. As is, it's something. I just dunno if it's a good something.

5 isn't a bad take on fireworks. I sort of dig it. It looks technically weak as well, I'm not sure why but the color feels bad and wrong. Not enough gamut or something?

Most reactions

Back