Terrorists planned on blowing up planes from UK to US!

Yeah, the only restrictions are no liquids and they're searching shoes and stuff.

I'm fine with that. I think I remember reading that there's places to buy drinks and stuff after you go through security anyway. Not that I'm a huge water drinker.

Also, I'm flattered that everyone thought of me! The fact that you didn't, Corry, doesn't mean you're selfish ya noob. The first person I thought of was me too!! hahah.

Manchester was one of the airports targetted, if I remember rightly. But yeah, you're safe than ever now if you think about it as they're searching people and being way more precautious than they usually are.

Hope all goes well for your flight Bace! Aubrey flies home on Friday and I'm hoping it will go okay. We'll have to get him down to Boston before Monday morning as the shuttle bus won't leave enough time with the added security now. Think safe travel thoughts to everyone!

Big Mike said:
I didn't hear about it, until I read it here...but my first thought was "Bace, is going to have one heck of a time getting through Pierson and to the UK". Hopefully it will go OK.

Hopefully the 'water ban' won't last long. That's just freakin ridiculous. Are we even allowed to bring nail clippers on a plane yet?

I'm flying to Kazakhstan in a few weeks and this may mean a lot more inconvenience for me. Better than the alternative I guess. :roll: I also took some flights in November of 2001...just after 'you know what'...that was not a barrel of monkeys.

last year exactly one month after those attacks in London (metro and busses blew up) I flew to london for a UK meetup... my parents were scared to death!

The realization now is that I have a flight out of Gatwick going to Portugal a week today. The wedding I'm shooting there is the following day. If the flight is delayed or postponed or even cancelled for any reason, I'm pretty screwed. And so is my poor friend who is relying on me for photography.

bace said:
Jesus effing christ. What are the friggin chances? 12 years I wait to fly, and now I'm gonna be effing delayed. This friggin blows.

god dam it, UK cannot experience the wonderful bace for ..... reads down..... ah, have a nice flight

I'm watching the news and it says the banned items are:
Beverages
Shampoo
Lotions
Creams
Toothpaste
Hair Gel
Contacts Solution
Stick Deodorant (it's safer than aerosol)
Chapstick
Liquid Eyeliner
Liquid Concealer
Lipstick

The exceptions are:
Baby Formula
Breast Milk
Juice
Baby must be with you
Prescription Medicine
Insulin
Essential non-prescription medicine

They said there's a complete list online. I can't imagine what else could possibly be on the list!

DepthAfield said:
More fear mongering from governments in the UK and US.
It's interesting how they make a huge press deal about it. If they actually stop terrorists does it matter if the public knows? But of course if they constantly tell us that we are at risk and they stop the risk it works out politically.

All they're doing is worrying us! I don't know about you guys but I'm easily paranoid. I was only 12 in late 2001 and I thought the terrorist were gonna fly into my house, right through my bedroom window. I don't need anything else making me crazy!

lol

My parents know I'm toying with the idea of moving to the UK for kicks after school...tonight, my mom came down and was like "yeah, I'm not letting you go easily :grumpy:"

Jeez... Glad I finished my trip to and from Romania. I was carrying a "lethal" substance on the way back. Two liters of plum brandy, mind you, in my carry-on. Phew...

it's the carry on's they're worried about.

i'm posting from the air port RIGHT NOW. bloody expensive kiosk thing.

wish the had some wireless up in here, that would make life easier.

duty was CLOSED!!! damnit now i'm going to have to get drunk on the bloody plane!

TheFinisher3 said:
I'm watching the news and it says the banned items are:
Beverages
Shampoo
Lotions
Creams
Toothpaste
Hair Gel
Contacts Solution
Stick Deodorant (it's safer than aerosol)
Chapstick
Liquid Eyeliner
Liquid Concealer
Lipstick

Many thousands of missing and un-accounted for surface-to-air missiles are floating about in the world, but yet you can’t take a freaking bottle of water onboard the aircraft?

Stay afraid traveling public… Stay afraid.

Sorry Bace but the first think that I thought of was possible new luggage restriction. This as been on my mine since my last vacation, airlines are now enforcing the weight limit on checked bags to help with fuel cost. Also I have heard that some airlines want to limit carry on to one bag. Is day coming when we are going have to check are camera bag/case?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back