What's new

The Coffee House

Leonore, let me guess... you were in the Hudson Highlands, and the point in your image is West Point?
 
Leonore, let me guess... you were in the Hudson Highlands, and the point in your image is West Point?

Bingo! Get that man a prize :)

I love the Hudson Valley.
 
It IS beautiful. I've got four sets of relatives living within about 10-15 miles of that spot. Plus, NYC is in a world of its own.
 
Well then, I live amongst your relatives! :) I don't live far from that spot, either.
 
It'll make visiting easy. My wife and I usually stay at one of the cousins. But it depends on who's having what event or activity going on. One of the cousins has seven kids, and we're not sure she's not yet done with making more. So it's usually a lot quieter at one of the other cousins. I had four other sets of relatives there over the years (Demarest, Nyack, Valley Cottage, Congers), who either moved on or moved further south.
 
Walked 10 miles I bet shopping the malls! I am dead tired! Picked up grandson, went to main mall, then over to a new strip mall. Academy Sports, Dick's Sporting Goods, U.S. Patriot, Game Stop, Penny's are just a few of the stores we hit. Then there were benches and people-watching! Here's a cell pic of the ever-eating grandson.


10822575_607802412681170_1672899696_n.jpg
 
Ah, they were on the other side of the river from me. Not too far but still required a bridge.

And yes, it makes visiting me easy :D
 
Walked 10 miles I bet shopping the malls! I am dead tired! Picked up grandson, went to main mall, then over to a new strip mall. Academy Sports, Dick's Sporting Goods, U.S. Patriot, Game Stop, Penny's are just a few of the stores we hit. Then there were benches and people-watching! Here's a cell pic of the ever-eating grandson.


10822575_607802412681170_1672899696_n.jpg

I definitely would rather climb a mountain than spend that much time in a mall during December!
 
Walked 10 miles I bet shopping the malls! I am dead tired! Picked up grandson, went to main mall, then over to a new strip mall. Academy Sports, Dick's Sporting Goods
Find any .22lr?
 
Walked 10 miles I bet shopping the malls! I am dead tired! Picked up grandson, went to main mall, then over to a new strip mall. Academy Sports, Dick's Sporting Goods
Find any .22lr?
My local (?40 miles) Sportsman's Warehouse gets a case in every Tuesday morning, and they're all gone by lunchtime. Limited to one 500-rd. carton per customer.
 
Walked 10 miles I bet shopping the malls! I am dead tired! Picked up grandson, went to main mall, then over to a new strip mall. Academy Sports, Dick's Sporting Goods
Find any .22lr?
My local (?40 miles) Sportsman's Warehouse gets a case in every Tuesday morning, and they're all gone by lunchtime. Limited to one 500-rd. carton per customer.
I wish there was a Sportsman's Warehouse around here. The last time I was able to find any .22's was in November 2013 at a Wal-Mart near by.
 
I can purchase the expensive target style Eley at Theisen's (a farm supply store chain). Seems nobody wants to pay the premium.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom