What's new

The Coffee House

Just walked to the caf for my salad and coffee. It's the half-assed kind of snow that looks like snow in the air but doesn't stick to anything.
 
My lovely wife and I are taking off tomorrow and going to the Downtown Holiday Market in DC with lazy_lobster. We might take in a museum since we're in the area, and a likely side trip to Dolcezza if Andy's working. Hopefully I'll see something worthwhile to shoot for the Secret Santa Photo-swap.
 
I went outside and... let's put it this way. Glass would have been cut. Wow does it get cold fast when you're outside in pajamas.
 
Been snowing all day up here. Not a lot, but it's slowly accumulating. This is the view of one of the bushes in front of the house.

Snow_4006.webp


Sticky stuff, just right for snowmen and snow women, snowball fights, and snow castles. And not so much that you'll get a heart attack shovelling the stuff.
 
40s F & very windy today. Potential flurries overnight and possibly a few tomorrow. I'm glad we'll be taking the train because there are too many non-driving SOBs here that panic when they see the first flake.

And not so much that you'll get a heart attack shovelling the stuff.
That, my friend, is why you have kids.;)
 
That bush is worth another shot. Can you get it closer?
 
It was another 70F day ... slight breeze from the Pacific. Supposed to rain tomorrow night. Came home and cleaned out the filters on the pond. Gonna read the 680 manual and the installation instructions for my new skimmer.

Now the question is tea or wine ... a hot tea, I'm still a bit wet from the pond ... don't want to catch a chill.
 
That bush is worth another shot. Can you get it closer?
Sure. Just came back from driving my wife to a friend's house. Driving's kinda slippery, but most people are being sensible and driving conservatively and without heroics. I've come back by the lakeshore drive looking for interesting possibilities, but pretty much everything potentially interesting is bathed in the yellow light of the sodium lamps. Can try to do the white balance trick in post, but didn't see anything REALLY compelling. After I have some of my wife's stew, I'll pull the camera out again and (hopefully) make Designer happy. :p
 
60 degrees today with light breeze. Went and walked my 3 miles. Did rope pulley workout on shoulder, as usual. Started weights at therapy 2 weeks ago. Slowly getting all movement back, now for the strength.
 
Our "snow" was really much ado about nothing. As usual, they're getting it so much worse upstate, but though it's been snowing off and on all day, just a dusting stuck on the grass and there was nothing on the roads.
 
You hosers are drinking too much coffee if you're still on here now. Hey, wait, what am I doing here ...
 
The ladies (Sharon, Leonore & Marija) and I own the joint, so that's our excuse.
 
Heyyyyyyyy.....
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom