What's new

The Coffee House

Hey, hon.

I tried a preliminary sketch of your photo . . . you sure handed me a wild one! I've got an idea for it, and will try to email you a sketch early, next week.

Keep warm.
Cool! I'm in no rush but I *am* eager to see what you come up with!
 
Up early today, have to take our two ShiTzu's into the barber. We are heading downstate next week for the Christmas holidays with our son and daughter in-law, and get introduced to the "new" granddaughter. :)

I'm up--not "early" for me, I'm usually awake by 6 a.m.--but out the door early. Heading out in just a minute or two to take my mom and sister and a little shopping road trip today--I've discovered a couple of potentially photo-worthy little country-type stores about 45 minutes from here so I thought it would be a fun outing for my mom, who complains about never getting to go anywhere, and hopefully net a few interesting photographs.

Or it may just net me a migraine and a nearly overwhelming desire to put my mother out at the side of the road. :lol:

We shall see.
 
Have fun, Sharon! Good luck with your mother. I know what it's like :icon_crazy:

Morning, hosers! I'm up late this morning. I was a little wound up last night so I didn't get into bed until 12:30, and I decided to read a little to stop the spinny thoughts (my mind is not a fun place sometimes...okay, most times...). It's the book for next week's book club. I'd started it a few days ago and so far it had been kind of boring me, so I thought it would be perfect the make me all drowsy.

Well. That didn't happen. I apparently had left off at the point when it starts to get more interesting, and I ended up just finishing the whole book. Finally turned off the light at 3:00.

The alarm rang at 7:30 and I knew it wasn't happening.
sleepy-smiley.gif
 
Good morning, folks. Got up at six to feed kitties, then went back to bed. :sleeping:

My lovely wife got a nice pair of boots, last night for $29, regularly $89. We are supposed to go looking for new tennies, today, so no more excuses for not hitting the gym! We are also going to help mom-in-law with her card address list - she's having a hard time holding pens and can't write. In the meantime, I'm looking for circles for the Photo Challenge.
 
Oh yeah, the challenge! Every month I decide that I'm going to submit something and every month, I forget until the first day of the following month.

Mrs.Parker was getting desperate for me to put the food out this morning since I got up later than usual. She even started licking my face to get my butt out of bed. It's really annoying when she gets this way, but it's also hard to be mad at her for very long. Just too damned cute.
 
I found a subject the other day, but the lighting was a bit tricky and I screwed them all up. I'm going to try to get back next week (cutting it close). Otherwise, I'll wait and see what January's theme is.
 
high school hockey starts today, 3 games at my local rink. My blackberry doesnt get a signal in there so I can't get any calls from work, that alone makes it worth staying for all 3 games :)
 
Buenos Dias Coffee Hosers. It is 48F right now. The heavens are full of sunshine. Should hit the low 60's. I played with the beast last night. The remote shutter release works. I loaded some film in a cassette. I think I'm ready. Maybe today I'll hit some place photogenic and take a picture.
 
high school hockey starts today, 3 games at my local rink. My blackberry doesnt get a signal in there so I can't get any calls from work, that alone makes it worth staying for all 3 games :)
Doesn't your Blackberry have an on-off switch?
 
SHutting it off isn't a good excuse for not answering, but if you don't have a signal there isn't much you can do about that :allteeth:
 
minicoop's coffee picture reminded me to find one of my favorite shots of a coffee cup. Gary, you would like this cafe. They roast their own beans and encourage folks to hang out with their dogs there :) You could have good coffee and the Cook could make some friends!

upload_2014-12-13_10-55-57.webp


I drank this yummy coffee there:

upload_2014-12-13_10-56-50.webp


These were from the Mamiya 645, an early roll from the first few months I had the camera. At that point, I wasn't developing or scanning my own film, so these were scanned by the lab. Big files but they were noisy. I should find the negatives and rescan them myself to see the difference between scanning in 2005 in scanning in 2015 (because it will be next year by the time I get around to it...not that 'next year' is that far off ;) )
 
.............. Mrs.Parker was getting desperate for me to put the food out this morning since I got up later than usual. She even started licking my face to get my butt out of bed. It's really annoying when she gets this way, but it's also hard to be mad at her for very long. Just too damned cute.
KeeKat never licks my face............ she just sticks her butt in it!! I don't know why cats love sticking their butts in your faces lol!!

Up at 9, grandson insisting we go to iHop for breakfast. Guess I should get up out of bed and get ready!
 
Mmmmm, pancakes.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom