What's new

The Coffee House

Buenos Dias Coffee Hosers. 7:09 a.m. and 47F this crisp morning. Gotta get some work in, get a walk into the Cook, off to my PhotoShop class, then a meeting with a School Board member, she wants me to run her re-election campaign. Then wrapping up the filter before the rains come this evening.

@ Leo, tossing the nuts in those cups was quite clever. But now the recipients gotta figure out what to do with the cups, I'm sure they're too nice to throw away, but who wants to add one mismatched antique cup to their existing collection of drinking vessels ... I like the dilemma you created. I guess they can always leave the cups on their desks for paper clips and things.
 
Oh, God, proctoring! Probably the worst thing about teaching and there are some pretty bad things about it. I haven't taught in a long while so when I last did this I didn't have any kind of phone or other internet device to keep me amused.

It's not too bad. This is an essay exam, so the only way they can cheat is if they have access to the internet, which they don't. And I have the computer at the teacher's console to amuse me and also to watch them (there's a program that allows me to monitor all the student computers.) All cell phones are on a shelf in the back of the room.

.. I hope some of you hosers will keep me company around here while I'm proctoring ;)

Probably not me. I just decided yesterday that I need to demolish one more wall before I can get into rebuilding.

Now, that just sounds fun!

@ Leo, tossing the nuts in those cups was quite clever. But now the recipients gotta figure out what to do with the cups, I'm sure they're too nice to throw away, but who wants to add one mismatched antique cup to their existing collection of drinking vessels ... I like the dilemma you created. I guess they can always leave the cups on their desks for paper clips and things.

That's what I figure - they can use the cup however they want. They're also good as candle holders for votives or tea lights. We've also been tossing around the idea of splitting the cost of a Keurig machine to keep in one of their offices so we can have coffee without having to go to the cafeteria, so they can also keep the cups in their offices and use them for that.

I personally like having mismatched cups and mugs :)
 
I need to demolish one more wall before I can get into rebuilding.
Now, that just sounds fun!

Heh, heh. It's fun smashing stuff, for sure, but then comes the hard work. This is not a load-bearing wall. Just a wall between the bathroom and a large closet that is not square with the world.
 
Hey Designer, Hope it all works out with the remodeling. I have done that a couple of times in old houses and it's a job. In one I had to live in it too. Then it is no fun at all. But the result can be rewarding.
 
I need to demolish one more wall before I can get into rebuilding.
Now, that just sounds fun!

Heh, heh. It's fun smashing stuff, for sure, but then comes the hard work. This is not a load-bearing wall. Just a wall between the bathroom and a large closet that is not square with the world.

Yeah, destruction can be a lot of fun :) When my brother was re-doing the bathroom in my mother's house, he asked me to help out. He was putting new tile on the floor, so I offered to take the old tile out. That tile was horrible. I swear it looked like a plate with a hamburger in the middle and french fries arrayed like sunbeams around the hamburger, and then with onion rings lining the rim of the plate. All in those awful 1970s colors. I took such pleasure smashing and ripping that tile out. I think it took me about ten minutes flat. My brother had gone out of the room to do something else and he came back to check how I was doing. "Holy crap, that was fast!" he said when he saw I was finished :D
 
........... Today I give the final exam to both classes so I don't have to actually teach - just make sure they're not cheating. So that means I hope some of you hosers will keep me company around here while I'm proctoring ;)
I've done that a few times with wife, on the SAT tests, I think. Just sit there and look mean. It's an easy $100 bill for 4 hours.
 
Those tiles look like a murder scene. The upper left is freshly murdered the others are in different stages of a rotting murder scene.
 
Morning, Hosers. I have a doctor's appointment at 1:30, then counseling at 4:00. It's not funny, but almost is (funny), as we seem to swap between marriage counseling and exit counseling. Mine today is solo with my guy. She has her gal. We've both went duo to the other's. I think they may have a pretty good racket going on here!!

Remember............... only 10 days until Christmas!!!
 
Demo = fun. I remember the thrill I had at an auto extrication class - removing doors and cutting the pillars to peel back the top! :boogie:
 
In other news, my boss (for the teaching, not the admin job) told me today that there's a good chance I could get a section of Intro to Linguistics in the Fall. SO JAMMIN' STOKED!!!! :boogie::boogie::boogie::boogie:
 
Congrat's, Lenny. I'd take your course, but I think the commute would be a killer.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom