What's new

The Coffee House

Feliz Navidad Coffee Hosers ... I am sick. Yesterday I was so sick I thought about dying but decided I wasn't up to it. Today I am better.

Oh, get better, Tio! I wasn't sick, but I've had a headache since last night. Not too bad, but not really pleasant either. It's the kind that's only on the left side.

The mayhem is over! I have a 9-y-o son who I surprisingly beat waking up this morning. He loaded up on Legos and is bowling with his new Wii right now.

Keurig to the rescue. More coffee!

The happiest boy.
christmas-cedar.jpg

Happy pup! :586: What's his name?

Btw, is the world supposed to dim and you feel lightheaded after playing Wii boxing?

Sounds like you're doing it right ;)

Merry Christmas hosers! So glad to be saying that from somewhere other than the blasted hospital. :)

Glad you're out of there! :icon_hug:
 
So, hosers, how'd you do? Any fun photo toys?

I got some film, including a pack of Impossible Project film so I can finally test out my SX-70 folder. Got a bio of Robert Capa and realized that he is buried in a cemetery only about 15 minutes from my house! So I'll be visiting that soon. And I got a Colormunki Smile to calibrate my monitor.

I also got a Polaroid back (peel-apart, even!) for my 645....sooooooo jammin' excited about that!

And speaking of Polaroids, Buzz got me a book on the Polaroids of Andre Kertesz. Here are some images: andre kertesz polaroids - Google Search

They were taken starting in about 1979 - 2 years after his wife died - and continued until his death in 1985. He was devastated by his wife's death and finally worked through his grief through photographing with an SX-70, which was apparently given to him by Graham Nash. The photos are just so so beautiful and heartbreaking. It's the kind of photography that I find inspiring.
 
Good evening, peeps. We are back home. It was a decent evening without any stress or drama. I took one snap, but I have to go over it in LR, first so I'll toss it up tomorrow night, after work.

Hoping everyone had a good day.
 
Good evening, peeps. We are back home. It was a decent evening without any stress or drama. I took one snap, but I have to go over it in LR, first so I'll toss it up tomorrow night, after work.

Hoping everyone had a good day.

Always good to be drama free! My day was also pretty low key and pleasant. Rushed a little bit getting the pie cooked in time and presents wrapped, but it wasn't too bad and by 1:30, all I had to do was open presents and eat :D

By the way, tomorrow is officially declared "Floppage Day" in my house. My only obligation? Flop. Preferably with kittens and hot chocolate. Feel free to celebrate it at your own houses if you can!
 
We will go in tomorrow. I don't have a lot scheduled: I'll get the running order of my fire stations to 600 "boxes" or locations. While that is working on the laptop, I'll finish putting together the new desktop and start testing that. After tomorrow, we are off four days. Next week, I'll work Wednesday and Friday.

I got a few Amazon gift cards so I'm window shopping. I have one duplicate that I'll exchange tomorrow night. Lazy Lobster got me good -- I have a print of a kitty looking into the TARDIS, and a set of buttons with kitties depicting all the Doctors!
 
I'm still out in Hog country! Have seen lots of old friends and ex family members....... having a good time! I got an Amazon gift card, a few boxes of .45 plinking ammo, 3 great Christmas dinners and a Tactical 5.11 XBT A2 flashlight, among other things......

0-650-511-xbt-a2-flashlight-black.jpg


Merry Christmas, Hosers!
 
Dinner #2 done. Morning started with - no, not gifts. Apparently all three daughters crawled back home 5-ish Thursday morning, and weren't exactly bright-eyed and bush-tailed. So first order of business was to get sleeping bodies sufficiently awake to navigate hallways and doorways. Kinda succeeded. Plus at least one (admitted) wicked hangover. For which the antidote was... bacon. Funny how bacon is the answer to those questions. Anyways, after bacon, gift-opening could happen, and apparently everyone got more than they expected/or felt that they deserved. Lunch was french toast and fruit salad. More family came. More gift-giving and opening. Then we went to my sister/brother-in-law... more gift giving/opening... and food and drink. Lots of. Then charades. Then deep discussions. Then dinner. Then more deep discussions. Yep, Christmas this year has been good.
 
Oh, and Marija. For you and the other ladies here on TPF: I think you look pretty good with or without a diet.
awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

soooooooooo true!

but still... I look gooood :D
 
ok... so I see you all had a great time! Glad for you!


Meanwhile, I'm still hungry and I didn't get anything yesterday!
81619-bigthumbnail.jpg
 
Awwwww. Here you go, Marija.

teddy_bear_with_christmas_present_0521-1009-1113-5022_SMU.webp
 
A quick snap from yesterday: Amber and Lance made it in from Ohio. Lance is our (actually Miriam's) nephew. He is an artist and amateur magician, and has designed a few decks of playing & magician's cards for Bicycle. Amber is an interior designer and general artist. It was really good seeing them this year. We will catch up to the nieces on Jan. 1.

cmw3_d40_5769.webp
 
Last edited:
Hi Marija! Since we have a mixed-faith marriage, we as a family celebrate Christmas on both calendars (gregorian and julian). It gets a bit complicated when fasting is involved, but we've managed to adapt without too many issues. So on January 7th, I will wish you a Merry Christmas, and join you in its celebration.

I've an staff party to preside over today (it was going to be too complicated to do it before the holidays, so we all decided it was easier AFTER, once we got family obligations out of the way). Then there are relatives to visit in Ontario, and then there's the organizing for the New Year's celebrations.
 
Awwwww. Here you go, Marija.

View attachment 91824
Thanks! Now I'm happy again :D


Hi Marija! Since we have a mixed-faith marriage, we as a family celebrate Christmas on both calendars (gregorian and julian). It gets a bit complicated when fasting is involved, but we've managed to adapt without too many issues. So on January 7th, I will wish you a Merry Christmas, and join you in its celebration.
and somehow, now I'm even happier :D
 
on a serious note... I'm in the commission for inventory.:(

Extremely boring job, but this year is even more complicated because we moved in the new building and bought tones of new stuff, while on the other hand, tones of other stuff are lost in the process. So me no happy at all.

But but but but... I work with a woman I've never worked before but she kind of liked me because I finally got her a new computer (she was begging her bosses for years and nothing, until I came)

so.... I'm working on a very boring and complicated task with M. Why I'm telling you all this? Because it turned out that we are great together. it's a pleasure to work with her. Effectively, efficiently and with a smile!
I was going to tell her that she made this task much easier for me. Instead, an hour earlier, she told me similar! And she told me bunch of nice things and asked me did I feel the same.

I'm just .... aaaawwwwwwwwwww

That's very rare for me to happen. Usually I don't have the patience needed when working with someone. Me managing things is ok.

But she is everything I would like my coworker to be. Thanks M!
 
So, Marija, you DID get a Christmas present. A friendly, capable co-worker. :clap:
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom