What's new

The Coffee House

So, Marija, you DID get a Christmas present. A friendly, capable co-worker. :clap:
yeah... I was going to write that but I forgot.

It's interesting how these little things can make your day better.

:D
 
Morning, Hosers! Back to work for a day that feels like Monday even though it's Friday (or something). Christmas Eve dinner went well, got stuffed, have lots of leftovers, etc. Working on my morning coffee and snack now and waiting to hear from the people who are going to unclog my drain at home - no connection to the dinner, I think.
 
Hey, good morning everyone! This is Friday, Dec. 26, before breakfast.

I received a LED "speedlight" attachment, for which I thanked "Santa", but will return it.

I was informed yesterday that I am expected to make some photographs during the family gathering today, so I put the batteries on the charger and carried a couple of armloads of stuff into the dining room. I need to take a few practice shots to see how it is all going to work.

Today is our family thing, including a feast co-prepared by me, my wife, our son, and DIL.

Later.
 
Morning, Hosers. I got nothing photo related, but my son got a ton of stuff. Wife and I don't get each other anything, so that works. My big present was being home for the holiday after all. :)
 
Floppage Day is off to a very solid start. It's 10:42 and I'm still in my pyjamas. I might be forced out of the house later to get cat food, and I probably should do laundry, or at least start it, but these things aren't bad enough to ruin Floppage Day for me. The headache is a bit more problematic, though it also gives me a good excuse for the Floppage so I can avoid any lingering feelings of guilt over my planned lack of productivity.
 
LOL floppage day. I got my bra on, not sure what you guys do. Wait... crap.
 
Buenos Dias Hosers. I and The Appleton Guy are still around and kicking. For me it was 50:50 for a while there. My scanner arrived, it is still in the box. Soon I'll be digitizing my prints. I gave my daughter a bunch of old Canon stuff to sell for a new computer. So if any body wants a 5D, 20D, a Bigma, 50mm f/1.8, 60mm EFS macro, et al, let me know.
 
Man, slept in till 10 after a full day of Wii Sports and Call of Duty. I feel like I could use a nap. :) Hoping to hook up with some friends tonight for some night shooting.
 
Dammit Gary, if you would have told me a week ago that you were selling a 50 1.8, I would have bought it.
 
50/1.8's are a dime a dozen, well not quite, but you know what I mean ...
 
Marija: I'm glad things are working out and that you have a good co-worker. :clap:

Leonore: Happy flopping or floppaging or bouncing or whatever you're doing up there - just don't hurt yourself or anyone else. :sexywink:

I'm still at work, waiting for the second batch of running order (119 stations/600 locations) calculations to complete. The new deskto (Xeon E5) and the four monitors are installed and the rat's nest of cabling under the cube desk is straightened out. Unfortunately, there is only one GPU in the box so I can only use two monitors for the time being. I have the top pair hooked up to the laptop for now.

Happy Friday, y'all.
 
Last edited:
I'm still at work, waiting for the second batch of running order (119 stations/600 locations) calculations to complete. The new deskto (Xeon E5) and the four monitors are installed and the rat's nest of cabling under the cube desk is straightened out. Unfortunately, there is only one GPU in the box so I can only use two monitors for the time being. I have the top pair hooked up to the laptop for now.

Happy Friday, y'all.

The definition of first world problem... :lol:
 
Evening Hosers! I'm having so much fun here in Arkansas, I've decided to stay an extra day! I haven't eaten so many home-cooked meals since 2005!! Ran into an ex-wife, we had a good visit. Her sister demanded I let her cook supper for me, now I'm so stuffed I can hardly move! Her sons both have grown kids that I met for the first time. Made me realize how OLD I'm getting!!

Hope you all haven't eaten too much, or OD'd on coffee. See you all later!
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom