What's new

The Coffee House

Evening Hosers! I'm having so much fun here in Arkansas, I've decided to stay an extra day! I haven't eaten so many home-cooked meals since 2005!! Ran into an ex-wife, we had a good visit. Her sister demanded I let her cook supper for me, now I'm so stuffed I can hardly move! Her sons both have grown kids that I met for the first time. Made me realize how OLD I'm getting!!

Hope you all haven't eaten too much, or OD'd on coffee. See you all later!

Enjoy. Have a safe trip back.
 
Buenas Dias Coffee Hosers. A cold front moved in, at 7:00 a.m. it was 37F here. Should warm up to the mid 60's.
 
My house is inexplicably warm this morning. It's like my control panel went haywire or something, but my furnace isn't doing anything out of the ordinary. Huh.
 
My house is inexplicably warm this morning. It's like my control panel went haywire or something, but my furnace isn't doing anything out of the ordinary. Huh.

I assume your smoke alarm is working?
 
Last I checked it is, thankfully. Though the open flame in the dining room might have something to do with this... OH CRAP

Dammit Gary, if you would have told me a week ago that you were selling a 50 1.8, I would have bought it.
Man, I would have just given it to you had I known.

I appreciate it, Gary. Oh well.

How's that GX680 working out?
 
My house is inexplicably warm this morning. It's like my control panel went haywire or something, but my furnace isn't doing anything out of the ordinary. Huh.
Last I checked it is, thankfully. Though the open flame in the dining room might have something to do with this... OH CRAP

Dammit Gary, if you would have told me a week ago that you were selling a 50 1.8, I would have bought it.
Man, I would have just given it to you had I known.

I appreciate it, Gary. Oh well.

How's that GX680 working out?
I've only had a chance to go out once with it so far. The exposures are good and the negs sharp. My scanner just came in on Wednesday, I haven't had time to unpack it. Maybe tomorrow I figure out how to scan the negs, But the thing looks really good, very impressive. Everybody who has come over for Christmas has had to make numerous comments. (BTW- I friend sent me a link to the little study that showed a MF neg had greater resolution than a a 800E file.)
 
Well GET ON WITH IT! :P I wanna see what you do with those movements and stuff. I have plans to use one for automotive photography.
 
Good Morning, Leonore!
Are you still with us, Marija?
 
Fine, don't say good morning to me. ;)
 
Well hello there, sunshine. Sorry, I din't see you lurking around -- the others have posted a couple things.

You know you're my favorite mod of all time. :586:
 
Morning, folks! Yup, I'm still around. Trying to figure out this monitor calibration thing.
 
Lenny, I know laptop monitors are hard to get & keep calibrated. I wish I could help - I've only been able to use the built-in calibration; luckily it seems to be close. Try posting an image you edited with the previous calibration an edit with the new calibration - the actual images, not a screen shot. The other thing that might help is to download and view an image of one of the color checker cards (like the X-Rite)
 
Lenny, I know laptop monitors are hard to get & keep calibrated. I wish I could help - I've only been able to use the built-in calibration; luckily it seems to be close. Try posting an image you edited with the previous calibration an edit with the new calibration - the actual images, not a screen shot. The other thing that might help is to download and view an image of one of the color checker cards (like the X-Rite)

I just posted an example of a photo I edited before and after calibration.

The biggest PITA at the moment is that the calibrated settings go away whenever the laptop "wakes up" from sleeping. I found an article that supposedly explained the fix and I tried it, but it doesn't seem to be working.

Honestly, if the difference is barely noticeable (like in the examples I just posted in my thread) then it's just not worth it. I have been thinking very seriously about getting an external monitor and keyboard anyway, so I doubt I'll spend much more time on this. When I've posted color pictures here, as far as I remember, I haven't gotten any comments that claim the color is way off, so I might be trying to solve a problem that didn't even exist.
 
Well hello there, sunshine. Sorry, I din't see you lurking around -- the others have posted a couple things.

You know you're my favorite mod of all time. :586:
Now I can start my day!! Thank you, sweets!!
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom