What's new

The Coffee House

Lenny, I know laptop monitors are hard to get & keep calibrated. I wish I could help - I've only been able to use the built-in calibration; luckily it seems to be close. Try posting an image you edited with the previous calibration an edit with the new calibration - the actual images, not a screen shot. The other thing that might help is to download and view an image of one of the color checker cards (like the X-Rite)

I just posted an example of a photo I edited before and after calibration.

The biggest PITA at the moment is that the calibrated settings go away whenever the laptop "wakes up" from sleeping. I found an article that supposedly explained the fix and I tried it, but it doesn't seem to be working.

Honestly, if the difference is barely noticeable (like in the examples I just posted in my thread) then it's just not worth it. I have been thinking very seriously about getting an external monitor and keyboard anyway, so I doubt I'll spend much more time on this. When I've posted color pictures here, as far as I remember, I haven't gotten any comments that claim the color is way off, so I might be trying to solve a problem that didn't even exist.

I see a difference in them, but I don't know if I would realize the coolness of the one if both weren't posted side-by-side.
 
And I think I only noticed the warmth in the first version because I've been so concentrated on it. I mean, it's not like I didn't realize the colors were generally warm in that image, but they never seemed too warm (and honestly, they still don't) but they were also very faithful to the scene I was shooting. When I open it now on the calibrated monitor, I doubt I would make any changes to it at all.
 
Part of it is the foreground shadow - that first boat(and the dock) are going to look cooler, anyway. You just have to decide what you think is the more important part of the scene and adjust accordingly.
 
Buenas Dias Coffee Hosers. This morning I brewed Colombian Supremo, Jasmine-Passion tea and Muscat tea ... so I'm set for the day. I'm planning to set up my scanner this afternoon and attack my 680 negatives.
 
Buenas Dias Coffee Hosers. This morning I brewed Colombian Supremo, Jasmine-Passion tea and Muscat tea ... so I'm set for the day.

I've already had my morning coffee, but thinking of you having your first cup makes me want to have another one myself :)
 
Good morning Gary. My second cup is done and we are out. We'll be heading to the store, very shortly.
 
I am sorta making a mental list for the 680 ... I also have these Lee Filters for the Fuji's that I have used yet either ... just trying to figure out how many mules I'll need to get around. I did get another back for the 680, so now it is easier to shoot color and B&W of the same thing. Still not 100% yet but well on the road to recovery. But Mary Lou is fighting my cold as well. She still has a week off. The moment she's up to it, we're gonna make a run to the Wine Ghetto in Lompoc (near Santa Barbara) with the 680 and the Fujis.
 
Just the local supermarket. We generally get a variety of the K-Cups that are on sale -- nothing special.
 
Wifey has taken to ordering her K-cups online.

I finally gave up on finding my eyedrops at a local retailer and ordered them online.
 
Good old Maxwell House here. I'm cheap and drink a lot of coffee flavored sugar milk.
 
An honest cheapskate!
 
Next is to plug it in.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom