What's new

The Coffee House

We have 9 dogs. A few love a squeaky toy to squeak. If 1 gets a hold of it his only task is to remove the squeak.

And on that note and after saying a prayer for the back issue, 4am will be here before Dave expects it!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
Sheby1www-XL.jpg

This is Shelby, a Wired Haired Fox Terrier (WHFT). Shelby would also remove the squeaker from her toys. Once, Gary discovered a dog toy which advertised that the squeaker could never be removed by a dog, impossible to remove the tag stated. That toy drove Shelby nuts. For days and days, from morning to night Shelby worked on that toy. After a while the rhythmic squeak ... squeak ... squeak ... squeak, became a background noise, like the ticking of a clock. To her credit, after three or four days of non-stop hard work, Shelby did remove the impossible squeaker.
 
No fog this morning. Bleh.

I did get pizza dough made though, and it's proofing. And pizza for dinner on a Friday is the best.
I've been on a liquid diet for 5 days, pizza sounds good. I actually gained a pound and a half. How is that? Bizzare.
That is very very odd. You're getting more and more like Frank everyday ... you are the exception to the rules.
 
Hey, hosers.

Went to the first meeting of a photography group that some folks at the art center of my school are putting together. Met some interesting people. Met some really annoying people. There's potential, though. Might get me some time in the darkroom :)

If it's a group, then the potential might depend on the size of the darkroom and the companions you have to share it with. :1398:

At one time I had a great darkroom. Plenty of room, nice layout. Made the whole process enjoyable.
In Gary's youth, his darkroom was his cousin's tiny bathroom. The enlarger was set up in the adjoining bedroom and the trays in the bathroom. The developer was set on top of the commode, (close to the safelight), the rinse under the sink, the fix in the shower.
 
No fog this morning. Bleh.

I did get pizza dough made though, and it's proofing. And pizza for dinner on a Friday is the best.
Gary only proofs his pizza dough for about an hour. Then it's tossed onto the pan. Gary has gone through a number of pans from aluminum w/ holes to stones and now Gary is quite content with cast iron.
 
Hey, hosers.

Went to the first meeting of a photography group that some folks at the art center of my school are putting together. Met some interesting people. Met some really annoying people. There's potential, though. Might get me some time in the darkroom :)

If it's a group, then the potential might depend on the size of the darkroom and the companions you have to share it with. :1398:

At one time I had a great darkroom. Plenty of room, nice layout. Made the whole process enjoyable.

Well, there was talk about having one meeting to learn darkroom techniques, and that some people might not be interested so that meeting could be split between the darkroom and the computer lab. The darkroom is big enough for 14 enlargers, so there's enough room for a small group. Plus, it's part of the school and I'm an employee, so I might be able to manage some darkroom time on my own and not as part of the group :)
 
TGIFF Hosers!!!!! It's been a terribly busy couple of weeks for me and I'm feeling the strain. I'm taking Monday off to extend my weekend and get caught up on everything so a nice long weekend for me (and many others who work for schools and government as it's Columbus Day). I may blow off all the yard work and home maintenance and head back up to NH if the foliage reports look promising! The art walk starts this weekend and I will be setting up my display later this morning. Nervous a bit about that as I don't usually share my photos other than online or with family...

@Gary A. Our dog is a world champ squeaky toy remover. Also a professional stuffing eater and stuffed animal mangler. We have found the no stuffing dog toys to be the most durable. The ones with the crinkly paper noise are his fav.
 
Buenas Dias Coffee Hosers. Gary has been getting up at 5:30 a.m. lately in order to give Ms. Maggie some human time before he starts his day. Mary Lou and Gary are disappointed. We thought we had housebroken the pup ... but she's not there yet. Gary cleaned up a dump in the kitchen last night and a pee in the living room this morning. *sigh* back to the drawing board.
 
Last edited:
Community darkrooms are great, in that they accommodate several people at once.

However, that's when you quickly learn how to watch out for mistakes of others. It can get frustrating watching people dump the developer into the fix, etc. Always keep an eye on your own prints.

Happy Friday, hosers!
 
TGIFF Hosers!!!!! It's been a terribly busy couple of weeks for me and I'm feeling the strain. I'm taking Monday off to extend my weekend and get caught up on everything so a nice long weekend for me (and many others who work for schools and government as it's Columbus Day). I may blow off all the yard work and home maintenance and head back up to NH if the foliage reports look promising! The art walk starts this weekend and I will be setting up my display later this morning. Nervous a bit about that as I don't usually share my photos other than online or with family...

@Gary A. Our dog is a world champ squeaky toy remover. Also a professional stuffing eater and stuffed animal mangler. We have found the no stuffing dog toys to be the most durable. The ones with the crinkly paper noise are his fav.
Interestingly enough, Cookie never destroyed any of her toys ... or anything else for that matter. Maggie the Destroyer is the moniker she has earned.

Resting2-XL.jpg

A Cookie story. Mary Lou came home one day with this footstool. It is a turtle with feet, tail ana head sticking out, (the turtle part is irrelevant to the story). Cook watch Mary Lou use the footstool. The next day when we walked into the livingroom we found this, Cook with her feet up on the stool.
 
No fog this morning. Bleh.

I did get pizza dough made though, and it's proofing. And pizza for dinner on a Friday is the best.
Gary only proofs his pizza dough for about an hour. Then it's tossed onto the pan. Gary has gone through a number of pans from aluminum w/ holes to stones and now Gary is quite content with cast iron.

Until I get my Egg ;), I'm using my oven with a pizza stone, and I transfer using a steel.

This dough is pretty interesting...the mixing, resting, and bulk ferment is all done in a 45 minute span. I made the dough balls for I left...they'll proof until I make dinner tonight. The recipe only has 0.1 g of yeast for 500g of flour. It needs the time, haha.
 
@JC- Front page of the LA Times:
"One day in September, amid one of the worst stretches of baseball in Dodgers history, manager Dave Roberts strolled into the dugout at Dodger Stadium for his pregame news conference.

Standing nearby was first baseman Adrian Gonzalez, an injured veteran pretending to be a reporter. Roberts smiled as Gonzalez pitched a question. 'Are you the best manager in the world?' Gonzalez said. 'Or the worst manager in the world?'"
 
Last edited:
I'm shooting my first wedding today. stupid nervous about it.
Gary would get stupid nervous before every assignment. But once the action started, the stupid nervous went away. Gary would think something was wrong if you weren't stupid nervous.
 
@JC: The Times printed a very nice "PLAYOFFS" addition, stuffed with some very nice photos and a huge photo of Kershaw on the cover. D-Backs tonight, Dodgers Stadium, 7:30 PST.
 
Last edited:
Tea with Bagels and Greek cream cheese. Gary likes Greek cream cheese ... half the calories so he can eat twice as much.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom