The Coffee House

Off out with the local wildlife in the morning, results tomorrow pm.........

I went to the craft store today and got inspired to maybe set up a Christmas set this year. Last year was the lights as background and too much work. If I do something this year it will be simpler. I did order a $16 backdrop.

I'm kinda bummed on the printed backgrounds. It's next to impossible to get the creases/wrinkles out, then when you do unless you store them on a roll, you get to do it all over, same with the cloth backdrops. I ordered some seamless paper the other day that I'm anxious to try. Since my "studio" is one bay of the garage and it's 10' to the joists, I'm thinking about ordering a roller system to just get everything out of the way.

I went to the craft store today and got inspired to maybe set up a Christmas set this year. Last year was the lights as background and too much work. If I do something this year it will be simpler. I did order a $16 backdrop.

I'm kinda bummed on the printed backgrounds. It's next to impossible to get the creases/wrinkles out, then when you do unless you store them on a roll, you get to do it all over, same with the cloth backdrops. I ordered some seamless paper the other day that I'm anxious to try. Since my "studio" is one bay of the garage and it's 10' to the joists, I'm thinking about ordering a roller system to just get everything out of the way.

A rolling rack system is a great idea! When I was a kid my Dad got a set of old maps that were on rollers and housed in a large box mounted on the wall. There were tabs on the bottom to pull down each map. The reviews on the background I ordered did state the wrinkle problem. I bought on clearance at the craft store sturdy cardboard wine bottle gift tubes. I'll tape then together and use as a roller. I did think about getting PVC pipe, but I like the diameter of the tubes better. The background is neutral and I can accessorize with the seasons. It would make a good background when I video the grands too with their kid's new's.

Hi all. 5 hours and a minute. 21.23 for the week so far with one day to go.
Killing a little time for the Post Office to maybe get the mail tossed. Got a Clive Cussler book to help.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

I came to the TDPS Drivers license office.
Get to wait a while. I can remember when this place wasn't this busy.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Since having GPS some years ago I no longer own a map..........

I do. I take great satisfaction in screwing with the smug female voice of the GPS, makes me feel like I can't be replaced by a computer. :biglaugh:

Any voice you like then.....................:couple_inlove:

I'd totally set mine up with something like Scooby Doo or Stephen Hawking. Or anything auto-tuned. That would be fun. And mine would curse a lot, but also give me encouragement and praise.

You two had me looking on Ebay for backdrops. Most that I looked at said they were a single use item and did warn about wrinkles, but these were paper ones. Smoke, I like your idea about the roller.

You could change it for a male voice...................:icon_rr:

I was raised to be polite to women, even when they didn't deserve it, which includes making vulgar comments at it. If it was a smug male voice all bets would be off and would likely end up being thrown out the window. After traveling all over this country I still know my way around without one. Most times I know the route I'm going, I only use it to find a specific address, or to tell me arrival time.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back