The Coffee House

Any voice you like then.....................:couple_inlove:

I'd totally set mine up with something like Scooby Doo or Stephen Hawking. Or anything auto-tuned. That would be fun. And mine would curse a lot, but also give me encouragement and praise.

Siri is my gps. I have him set up with a male Brit accent. We call him Prince Harry.

Still need the occasional map as gps isn’t that reliable in NH and VT mountains.

Still need the occasional map as gps isn’t that reliable in NH and VT mountains.
Agreed. I've been directed straight to cemetery entrances and down roads that dead end. I like keeping area paper maps when I'm in completely unfamiliar territory.

In other news: Happy Friday, hosers!

Agreed. I've been directed straight to cemetery entrances and down roads that dead end. I like keeping area paper maps when I'm in completely unfamiliar territory.

In other news: Happy Friday, hosers!

I’ve been up in the White Mtns a few times using my phone gps only to have “signal lost” pop up. Not fun when you’re still 5 miles from your destination and have no idea where to go at the next turn.

I went to the craft store today and got inspired to maybe set up a Christmas set this year. Last year was the lights as background and too much work. If I do something this year it will be simpler. I did order a $16 backdrop.

I went to the craft store today and got inspired to maybe set up a Christmas set this year. Last year was the lights as background and too much work. If I do something this year it will be simpler. I did order a $16 backdrop.

I'm kinda bummed on the printed backgrounds. It's next to impossible to get the creases/wrinkles out, then when you do unless you store them on a roll, you get to do it all over, same with the cloth backdrops. I ordered some seamless paper the other day that I'm anxious to try. Since my "studio" is one bay of the garage and it's 10' to the joists, I'm thinking about ordering a roller system to just get everything out of the way.

You two had me looking on Ebay for backdrops. Most that I looked at said they were a single use item and did warn about wrinkles, but these were paper ones. Smoke, I like your idea about the roller.

The one I bought is very thin vinyl. It has the wrinkles and I have it rolled up now. If they won't come out I will photoshop them which would add time onto each photo. I am glad it isn't heavy since I am taping this to an old projector screen.

Made the 2nd batch of kadaifi today. I made my husband's favorite coconut bars last week. Sugar cookies on the baking list next. I've got about 10 people who all have a different favorite so I rotate each year a different set. Years ago I baked many different cookies & breads and I think they all got a little spoiled with the assortment.

I have one roll of MIL's wrapping paper left. She passed in '09. I wrapped husband's gift with some this year and used her red yarn as a bow. Now if I can find Obsession then it will actually smell like her too. We used to joke that she swam laps in the stuff.

Since having GPS some years ago I no longer own a map..........

Since having GPS some years ago I no longer own a map..........

I do. I take great satisfaction in screwing with the smug female voice of the GPS, makes me feel like I can't be replaced by a computer. :biglaugh:

You could change it for a male voice...................:icon_rr:
i NOT ONLY OWN MAPS, i MAKE THEM. ;)
Because those are never smug. </sarcasm>
I use "Natalie" on Waze - a wonderful sounding woman from the UK.

I have one roll of MIL's wrapping paper left. She passed in '09. I wrapped husband's gift with some this year and used her red yarn as a bow. Now if I can find Obsession then it will actually smell like her too. We used to joke that she swam laps in the stuff.

That is just about the most thoughtful thing I have read in a long time. Bless you!

The one I bought is very thin vinyl. It has the wrinkles and I have it rolled up now. If they won't come out I will photoshop them which would add time onto each photo. I am glad it isn't heavy since I am taping this to an old projector screen.

Photoshop them. Been there done that, and still found some I missed. I've found the best way is to stretch them over a wood frame then use a hand held steamer. Let it cool for a day and then roll it up. Otherwise they seem to come back

Ugh. The dog needs emergency surgery for bladder stones. The vet had been treating him for a UTI but it wasn’t getting any better so took him back in today. XRay found many small stones and 2 big ones, one of which was close to causing a blockage. Now I’m sitting in the waiting area waiting for them to do intake for him. Poor baby. He’s so sweet.

Ugh. The dog needs emergency surgery for bladder stones. The vet had been treating him for a UTI but it wasn’t getting any better so took him back in today. XRay found many small stones and 2 big ones, one of which was close to causing a blockage. Now I’m sitting in the waiting area waiting for them to do intake for him. Poor baby. He’s so sweet.

So Sorry:( Fur Kids are our babies also. Having dealt with kidney stones on a personal level, not something a I'd wish on anyone. Hopefully there is a quick resolution with a speedy recovery.

So sorry; poor pups.

Oh no! Poor little guy. :(

I hope he sails through all this with minimal difficulty and is back home at the card table soon, ready to cheat. :heartpump:

As empty nesters, our lone pup has become even more important to us. I wish the best for a speedy and full recovery.

Poor pupper! :(

Most reactions

Back