What's new

The Coffee House

Hi folks this will be my last post for a long time here might even be next summer. Last night at Mums I had a very serious scare in my life, one minute I was talking to Mum at 7.30pm then the next it went all black and I woke up in hospital. Doctors told me I had a very bad Angina attack, after lots of blood tests and a chest xray I was release this morning at about 5.30am shattered but still frightened. I have to see a heart specialist before Christmas. So I Hope and Wish you all a great Christmas and New Year xxx

Dave, what a fright! Speedy recovery. Hope you have a good Christmas & New Year too.
 
Sorry to hear the troubles you're going through, FD :(. I hope your better soon.
 
Man satellite tv companies are getting sneaky with marketing. Just got an email in from Dish advertising a new channel addition for almost what I pay for SEC channel. DOGTV ABOUT it's advertised as relaxing and stimulating TV for my dog??? Oh heck where do I sign up for Sadie?
 
Dog’s surgery went well. Hoping to bring him home tomorrow. Thanks to you all for your thoughts and good wishes.
Roxy sends her love!
 
Man satellite tv companies are getting sneaky with marketing. Just got an email in from Dish advertising a new channel addition for almost what I pay for SEC channel. DOGTV ABOUT it's advertised as relaxing and stimulating TV for my dog??? Oh heck where do I sign up for Sadie?
It's not bad enough that we rot our brains and those of our children, now they want us to rot our dog's brains??????????
 
s not bad enough that we rot our brains and those of our children, now they want us to rot our dog's brains????

It may be a mute point, because it's debatable as to what they actually see on the TV. Dogs have a much lower color spectrum then humans and require a refresh rate on images of just over 70 frames per second to detect continuous movement. With the current standard of 60 for Tv's it's borderline for them.
 
I thought most film and TV was in the 23 bracket rather than the 60. At least for the original recording as opposed to the refresh rate of the screen
 
Scrambled eggs, bacon and toast.
No huge plans for the day.
Our dogs find enough stuff outside to go nuts about.

Get better Fuji Dave!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
 
s not bad enough that we rot our brains and those of our children, now they want us to rot our dog's brains????

It may be a mute point, because it's debatable as to what they actually see on the TV. Dogs have a much lower color spectrum then humans and require a refresh rate on images of just over 70 frames per second to detect continuous movement. With the current standard of 60 for Tv's it's borderline for them.

My late, best friend Baxter would come running anytime the commercial " I'd get it myself, but I don't have thumbs " came on. He loved to watch other animals, especially dogs, on tv, but our gal Daisy either doesn't see it well or could care less.
 
I thought most film and TV was in the 23 bracket rather than the 60. At least for the original recording as opposed to the refresh rate of the screen

No idea on the original. I was referring to the so called tv standard. I believe humans can determine movement down to 17 frames
 
5 days until my recess for Christmas. I can do this. Maybe. This is typically my least favorite week of the year.
 
5 days until my recess for Christmas. I can do this. Maybe. This is typically my least favorite week of the year.

Feelin' your pain, Jon.
 
I seem to get about 4.5 to 5 hours out of a tank of propane. So today is propane day.
Going to hit the bank over here in Cold Springs and see of I can change my penny luck.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
 
5 days until my recess for Christmas. I can do this. Maybe. This is typically my least favorite week of the year.
Hang in there! You've got this. ;)
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom