What's new

The Coffee House

Oh, and happy Monday, hosers!

:icon_sunny:
 
Sorry, no sympathy for those about to have 10+ days off! Cry me a river hosers! I’ll be off Fri then working 12/24 then off 12/25-26 then right back at it.
 
Sorry, no sympathy for those about to have 10+ days off! Cry me a river hosers! I’ll be off Fri then working 12/24 then off 12/25-26 then right back at it.
Haha, same, except I'm taking off 12/24, and back to work on 12/26.
 
I am not going to lie, I have landed in a very lucky job that allows me enough days off to take a little extra time.

The college stays open for 4 holidays during the year so that they are able to close for the week between Xmas and New Year's. So we always have to work on days like Columbus or Veteran's Day, etc.

As a teaching adjunct, I had a long stretch of time (classes start after MLK day) for a break, but of course it was unpaid, so I usually went in to work my other PT jobs to tide me over until my first teaching pay (usually mid-Feb at the earliest, more often and of Feb).

My FT position now is technically considered a counseling (non-teaching faculty) line, which means I have a lot of PTO but I have to officially enter the days that the college closes during the winter break as vacation days, whereas staff just gets 4 "free" days of holiday that does not come out of their time.

In exchange for my large # of vacation days, I work from 8-5, so 8 full hours and an unpaid lunch hour.
 
Not 100% sure but I imagine I'll be there doing floors and bathrooms on the 24th and again 26th.
 
Sorry, no sympathy for those about to have 10+ days off! Cry me a river hosers! I’ll be off Fri then working 12/24 then off 12/25-26 then right back at it.

Couldn't agree more. I'll be working the 24th, although it's typically a slow day. 20 years here, and they usually ask if I want it off. Unpaid or use a vacation day. I'd rather work it and they always let me off early. Something is better than nothing and use my vacation days for, well......vacations. Off the 25th, paid. (If it lands on the weekend I'm SOL) Back at it the 26th.

I may grumble about my job, and some days can be 10-11 hours. (Compensated for over time) But, they just gave me a VERY generous Christmas bonus. There's usually a little something extra, but I was shocked. Someone splurged on a new camera......:cool-98:

I'll share when it gets here.
 
The meatloaf we had last night was just as good tonight. Probably a Blue Bell Ice cream bar before bed.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
 
Sorry, no sympathy for those about to have 10+ days off! Cry me a river hosers! I’ll be off Fri then working 12/24 then off 12/25-26 then right back at it.

Couldn't agree more. I'll be working the 24th, although it's typically a slow day. 20 years here, and they usually ask if I want it off. Unpaid or use a vacation day. I'd rather work it and they always let me off early. Something is better than nothing and use my vacation days for, well......vacations. Off the 25th, paid. (If it lands on the weekend I'm SOL) Back at it the 26th.

I may grumble about my job, and some days can be 10-11 hours. (Compensated for over time) But, they just gave me a VERY generous Christmas bonus. There's usually a little something extra, but I was shocked. Someone splurged on a new camera......:cool-98:

I'll share when it gets here.

A new camera? Sweet! I had hoped to trade my Xt2 for a new Xt3 but the pup’s medical bills have put that plan on hold. Sigh. I’m happy that they were able to treat him but my lord the cost!
 
I’m happy that they were able to treat him but my lord the cost!

There was a time when we had three. I almost fainted when we got a bill for $900 for annual shots, blood work, ect. for all of them. That's why Sadie Mae is an only child!!
 
I’m happy that they were able to treat him but my lord the cost!

There was a time when we had three. I almost fainted when we got a bill for $900 for annual shots, blood work, ect. for all of them. That's why Sadie Mae is an only child!!

Yep very expensive. We have 3 and factor in grooming fees. Good thing they don't eat much.
 
I went to the grands' Christmas program at their church last night. Felt really odd because I didn't bring my camera. Sometimes I just want to enjoy an event and not document. Daughter took cell phone pics & video.
 
It's actually sunny! After freezing fog, then flash fog, I'll take it!

All I can say is if you want winter break and spring break, etc. go be a teacher! (with an according pay drop!). My job as an EIS went from 9 to 12 months and my pay was way more, but no summers off... it's a trade off. Came in handy when I had to retire early since it put me back about where I'd have been if I'd retired from a 9 month job. Or something like that.
 
After a freezing cold start, the sun came out and warmed up quite nicely.

@CherylL Our fur kids have always eaten well, so the expense is a little more. As to the grandkids program and pictures - GOOD FOR YOU. It's easy to become so involved in the documenting that you miss the part which form the memories.
 
A new camera? Sweet! I had hoped to trade my Xt2 for a new Xt3 but the pup’s medical bills have put that plan on hold. Sigh. I’m happy that they were able to treat him but my lord the cost!

Yeah, that was one of the big reasons I didn't get another dog. Plus, I was so close to the last one, I can't do it again. Glad your pup is doing well, though.

There'll be plenty of cameras waiting for you when the time is right. I was going to wait until after Xmas. Just couldn't pass this deal up.
 
Oh swell. It began raining during the night.
I'm supposed to do Marquee today.
Got a pretty good mug with which to attempt to get with it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom