What's new

The Coffee House

Happy Friday, hosers!

More rain today. It's not cold out there, with Fahrenheit temps in the 50's, but the rain, mist, and general overcast day makes it seem colder.

Fire tonight, with pizza, salad and red wine. Yay!

Last weekend for Christmas shopping. For those who need it, better get going. ;)
 
Happy Friday, hosers!

More rain today. It's not cold out there, with Fahrenheit temps in the 50's, but the rain, mist, and general overcast day makes it seem colder.

Fire tonight, with pizza, salad and red wine. Yay!

Last weekend for Christmas shopping. For those who need it, better get going. ;)

Gray and rainy here too. Shopping mostly done!

Feeling a bit annoyed because our annual holiday get together with my oldest friends is tonight and I’m no longer looking forward to it.

We usually meet at a local pub type place and enjoy a drink or two, sometimes we order apps - it’s a drop in type of thing and people come and go throughout the night. We’ve been doing this at the same place for 20+ years.

One of my friends unilaterally decided to “host” everyone at her house instead this year which is not really what I’m in the mood for. Now we have to be there at a certain time for “dinner” and it will be difficult to exit when I want to. Not to mention the increase in alcohol consumption that is sure to take place at a house party! I have a hair appointment at 9am tomorrow and was planning on a short visit tonight...

First world problems I know but can’t really complain about it to my friends lol so you’re all getting an earful!
 
Sad little cone boy. He hates it so much.

08795971-C380-4FFE-BA51-A09339DA42C7.webp
 
The bow is a win. Glad he's doing OK.
 
Finally after days of rain, the sun is out this morning. Sadie is a happy pup as we head out the door for our morning walk. Something that's been absent lately.
 
Morning, hosers.

Day 3 of the headache. This one seems to be of the variety that is worse in the morning and gets more manageable during the course of the day. So I feel pretty rough when I wake up, but coffee and Advil actually makes a dent in the pain. The headache is never totally gone, but it becomes more background pain.

Yesterday it was 60 degrees and raining. I didn't care about the rain since sunlight just makes my headaches worse, but the drastic temperature and pressure change made my sinuses go crazy. I felt horrible when I woke up, but managed to drag myself to work. I was late, but I went.

Today is for finishing my grading, cleaning, and packing for vacation. Leaving at oh-dark-thirty on Sunday morning and coming back 10 days later.
 
Morning, hosers.

Day 3 of the headache. This one seems to be of the variety that is worse in the morning and gets more manageable during the course of the day. So I feel pretty rough when I wake up, but coffee and Advil actually makes a dent in the pain. The headache is never totally gone, but it becomes more background pain.

Yesterday it was 60 degrees and raining. I didn't care about the rain since sunlight just makes my headaches worse, but the drastic temperature and pressure change made my sinuses go crazy. I felt horrible when I woke up, but managed to drag myself to work. I was late, but I went.

Today is for finishing my grading, cleaning, and packing for vacation. Leaving at oh-dark-thirty on Sunday morning and coming back 10 days later.

Sounds like that headache is sinus related. Maybe elevate your head and shoulders a bit when sleeping might help. Steam and antihistamines!

Sad little cone boy. He hates it so much.

View attachment 167086
The bow makes it. :lol:

Hope the dinner party went well. It does sound like a different vibe than what you've all gotten used to.

The dinner party was fine. Definitely a different vibe but still nice to see everyone.
 
Sounds like that headache is sinus related. Maybe elevate your head and shoulders a bit when sleeping might help. Steam and antihistamines!

There are months when I have both sinus headaches and migraine mingled together. The migraine came first this time. Yesterday's was certainly sinus-related, and this morning was probably a bit of the same. The coffee and Advil can knock down the sinus symptoms, but the underlying migraine lingers. Luckily, it's not too bad this month. There are months, though, when the sinuses are quiet, but the migraine is just awful and no amount of medicine touches it.

I have a complicated head ;)
 
Happy Saturday y'all. 4 hours and enough to have 32.41 for the week.
While I have no bounce flash (just straight on) I am to shoot at a wedding tomorrow.
Since they can't afford a pro I'll just have to do.
 
Morning, hosers.

Day 3 of the headache. This one seems to be of the variety that is worse in the morning and gets more manageable during the course of the day. So I feel pretty rough when I wake up, but coffee and Advil actually makes a dent in the pain. The headache is never totally gone, but it becomes more background pain.

Yesterday it was 60 degrees and raining. I didn't care about the rain since sunlight just makes my headaches worse, but the drastic temperature and pressure change made my sinuses go crazy. I felt horrible when I woke up, but managed to drag myself to work. I was late, but I went.

Today is for finishing my grading, cleaning, and packing for vacation. Leaving at oh-dark-thirty on Sunday morning and coming back 10 days later.
Hope you have a wonderful vacation! Kick that headache out the back porch. Relax and rejuvenate.

....hell, that sounds so good I might sneak into your suitcase. :biggrinangelA:
 
Cleaning: check.
Laundry: check.
Packing: started, not finished yet. Crap, gotta get that done because I have to get out of bed stupid early!
Grading: finished, and about to submit grades. Four students will fail because they disappeared halfway through the semester (pretty typical.) One student is failing because she is not ready to go to the next level of college writing. I feel bad, but I just can't. I wrote an email explaining the grade to her. This is one of the many reasons that I love teaching but despise grading.

Speaking of teaching, this also may be the last class I teach for the next two years or so. The program I'm running is about to ramp up (external study being done starting in Sept 2019). This was just the pilot year and I only taught one class, and I'm beyond exhausted. I think I need to focus on only one job until it starts to settle down a bit.

I know it's for the best, but it's just weird. Not only will I miss the classroom (NOT the grading!), but I can't even remember the last time I just had one job.

So. So, there's that.

And there's vacation. Tomorrow. Stupid early. But for 10 whole days. Ten.Whole.Days. I can barely believe it.

Gotta finish packing now.
 
 
Cleaning: check.
Laundry: check.
Packing: started, not finished yet. Crap, gotta get that done because I have to get out of bed stupid early!
Grading: finished, and about to submit grades. Four students will fail because they disappeared halfway through the semester (pretty typical.) One student is failing because she is not ready to go to the next level of college writing. I feel bad, but I just can't. I wrote an email explaining the grade to her. This is one of the many reasons that I love teaching but despise grading.

Speaking of teaching, this also may be the last class I teach for the next two years or so. The program I'm running is about to ramp up (external study being done starting in Sept 2019). This was just the pilot year and I only taught one class, and I'm beyond exhausted. I think I need to focus on only one job until it starts to settle down a bit.

I know it's for the best, but it's just weird. Not only will I miss the classroom (NOT the grading!), but I can't even remember the last time I just had one job.

So. So, there's that.

And there's vacation. Tomorrow. Stupid early. But for 10 whole days. Ten.Whole.Days. I can barely believe it.

Gotta finish packing now.
You can only do so much. Enjoy the vacation.
 
Cleaning: check.
Laundry: check.
Packing: started, not finished yet. Crap, gotta get that done because I have to get out of bed stupid early!
Grading: finished, and about to submit grades. Four students will fail because they disappeared halfway through the semester (pretty typical.) One student is failing because she is not ready to go to the next level of college writing. I feel bad, but I just can't. I wrote an email explaining the grade to her. This is one of the many reasons that I love teaching but despise grading.

Speaking of teaching, this also may be the last class I teach for the next two years or so. The program I'm running is about to ramp up (external study being done starting in Sept 2019). This was just the pilot year and I only taught one class, and I'm beyond exhausted. I think I need to focus on only one job until it starts to settle down a bit.

I know it's for the best, but it's just weird. Not only will I miss the classroom (NOT the grading!), but I can't even remember the last time I just had one job.

So. So, there's that.

And there's vacation. Tomorrow. Stupid early. But for 10 whole days. Ten.Whole.Days. I can barely believe it.

Gotta finish packing now.

Cleaning - check. cleaning crew coming Monday morning
Cooking - starting that tomorrow
Shopping - check
Drinking - check
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom