What's new

The Coffee House

Cleaning: check.
Laundry: check.
Packing: started, not finished yet. Crap, gotta get that done because I have to get out of bed stupid early!
Grading: finished, and about to submit grades. Four students will fail because they disappeared halfway through the semester (pretty typical.) One student is failing because she is not ready to go to the next level of college writing. I feel bad, but I just can't. I wrote an email explaining the grade to her. This is one of the many reasons that I love teaching but despise grading.

Speaking of teaching, this also may be the last class I teach for the next two years or so. The program I'm running is about to ramp up (external study being done starting in Sept 2019). This was just the pilot year and I only taught one class, and I'm beyond exhausted. I think I need to focus on only one job until it starts to settle down a bit.

I know it's for the best, but it's just weird. Not only will I miss the classroom (NOT the grading!), but I can't even remember the last time I just had one job.

So. So, there's that.

And there's vacation. Tomorrow. Stupid early. But for 10 whole days. Ten.Whole.Days. I can barely believe it.

Gotta finish packing now.

Cleaning - check. cleaning crew coming Monday morning
Cooking - starting that tomorrow
Shopping - check
Drinking - check

Ah yes, there will be drinking :)

On the road, almost in NC. Woot!
 
Pretty soon I'm off to take stuff for the reception and see what I can do with my camera.
Wish me luck.
 
First house guest delayed 2 days. The grands have been over the past 3 days so enjoying the peace and quiet today. Upstairs furnace not working and the repair man was here today to fix. If we weren't having guests sleep up there then we would have waited for repair.

Shopping for food - done
Cleaning - still working on that one
Cooking - starts tomorrow
Drinking - picked up the champagne, cranberry juice for the @SquarePeg drink suggestion.
 
I guess I did ok at the wedding. I don't really feel like putting it up on Flickr so I can post it here.
 
We got a dusting of snow overnight. My daughter almost lost her mind she was so excited.

Happy Christmas Eve, hosers! I’ve got cookies to decorate and some bread to bake before we head to my parents for dinner tonight.
 
We got a dusting of snow overnight. My daughter almost lost her mind she was so excited.

Happy Christmas Eve, hosers! I’ve got cookies to decorate and some bread to bake before we head to my parents for dinner tonight.
Sounds lovely, Jon! I have a cherry pie to bake later, and a Tom Yum soup for a different flavor profile for dinner tonight, before tomorrow's gorge. :lol:

Happy Christmas Eve to you, too, and all you hosers.
 
May the closeness of friends, the comfort of home, and the joy of the season renew your spirits. From our house to yours - Merry Christmas Y'all!!!!!!!!!
Christmas house 2016 web.webp
 
Youse which had today off... Phooey.
I got 5.10 hours. Have tomorrow off and then right back on Wednesday.
Remember the reason for the season.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
 
We've been told we can kick out of work at 1:00, so I'll leave whenever MLW gets here - she's off for the week and is out with here sisters for lunch.

A happy and safe holiday to you all.

2018 Door Wreath (created by Miriam Wrenn)
by Snowbear Photography, on Flickr

(Sorry, I don't have any appropriate Hanukkah or Kwanzaa photos)
 
Last edited:
We got a dusting of snow overnight. My daughter almost lost her mind she was so excited.

Happy Christmas Eve, hosers! I’ve got cookies to decorate and some bread to bake before we head to my parents for dinner tonight.
Sounds lovely, Jon! I have a cherry pie to bake later, and a Tom Yum soup for a different flavor profile for dinner tonight, before tomorrow's gorge. :lol:

Happy Christmas Eve to you, too, and all you hosers.

I’d love a bowl of tom yum tonight! When Christmas is my show to run, that may happen, haha.
 
I don't know what that is but since it says 'yum' it must be good!

Just taking a break, half watching Jools Holland (yeah, that's real Christmassy!). My best friend's coming up with soup etc. for dinner and a movie, probably 'White Christmas', which with commercials turns into like a 3 hour movie! Could watch the DVD but my player tried to eat one and now turns on, wheezes, goes off and just sits there and blinks.

Then tomorrow to mom's for whatever dinner my brother ordered, then over to the rehab place to visit with dad (and take him a plate of goodies and/or leftovers). Kind of a weird Christmas, but my dad tried coming home and just wasn't ready yet, your body heals as fast as it's going to.

Hope everybody has a nice Christmas eve.
 
Our traditional Christmas Eve dinner is Mexican Food. An Enchilada Casserole, cheese and chips are coming up shortly!
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom