What's new

The Coffee House

Friday greetings y'all. 5 hours and two minutes. I have no notifications to bring home anything. So post office and then the box at the front of the neighborhood and then home.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
 
Hey hosers.

It's been a 2-day work week after 12 full days away from work, and I am already waiting for 5 o'clock.
 
I would be.

Just under a month til Groundhog Day, just over a month til Chinese New Year.

This is what my assistant at work used to do, the first week of school she'd look thru the calendar to see when our next day off was, when our breaks were, etc. Schools here aren't back in session yet. Surprising how much more quiet it is here even though it's always quiet here!

Now FujiDave you take it easy out there in the cold so you don't get sick again.
 
Hang in there, Leo! After all, it IS Friday, no matter what.

I have to take both my girls to the vet later today. I received a postcard from my vet, announcing that she is closing the practice by month's end. Miss Finn just needs a rabies vax, but last night I found a tick on Bex. I have extracted them before with no issues, but this little bugger was right below her mouth, in a weird angle. I should have let it alone and let the vet handle it, but I detest ticks so much I had to try.

Bex clearly did not appreciate the loving care she was receiving, and the procedure didn't go well. :irked: So, to the vet with her! So much for trying to save her the trip.

Oh, who am I kidding, I was trying to save myself - my ears, mainly - from having two yowling cats letting me know how little they enjoy car rides. Twelve minutes to the vet feels like an hour. The decibel levels of their protests are...impressive. :eek:
 
Terri you probably didn't mean that to be quite so funny but I can't help but laugh (or maybe you did, keeping a sense of humor about cats riding in cars!). You and Leo both come up with some adventurous stories sometimes.

Oh and Dean, yeah I was looking forward to the NHL Winter Classic... so Saturday when I tried to reboot the cable for the umpteenth time, the whole thing went dead. The cable guy came Monday, said the signal wasn't good, put in a new line outside, new cable box, new remote - nuthin'. Brought in his tablety gadget and yeah, he was getting cable TV... I watched the Winter Classic online but by the time I jumped thru hoops and got connected the open was over and I missed seeing that part at Notre Dame stadium. And they only showed one lousy song by Weezer.

So today I'm waiting for the brown truck with a new smallish TV. The plan is for it to go in the extra room later on and give me time to look for a a new TV and VCR/DVD player since mine tried to eat a DVD. And it won't spit it back out. I discovered that live streaming isn't all it's cracked up to be either.
 
Hey hosers.

It's been a 2-day work week after 12 full days away from work, and I am already waiting for 5 o'clock.

Just think about how much next week is going to suck. That should make you appreciate today.

Hang in there, Leo! After all, it IS Friday, no matter what.

I have to take both my girls to the vet later today. I received a postcard from my vet, announcing that she is closing the practice by month's end. Miss Finn just needs a rabies vax, but last night I found a tick on Bex. I have extracted them before with no issues, but this little bugger was right below her mouth, in a weird angle. I should have let it alone and let the vet handle it, but I detest ticks so much I had to try.

Bex clearly did not appreciate the loving care she was receiving, and the procedure didn't go well. :irked: So, to the vet with her! So much for trying to save her the trip.

Oh, who am I kidding, I was trying to save myself - my ears, mainly - from having two yowling cats letting me know how little they enjoy car rides. Twelve minutes to the vet feels like an hour. The decibel levels of their protests are...impressive. :eek:

Fun stuff. Are you sure it's not a skin tag? I told you all the skin tag story I think... poor pets! Our pup used to love going in the car but now he apparently associates that with going to the surgical vet so now he runs and hides when I say we're going in the car. He is no longer a happy head out the window passenger - he is a lay on the back seat and make pathetic whiny noises passenger. I used to take him with me whenever I could (Home Depot, Pet Smart, errands when it wasn't too hot/cold out, driving Princess to school or to a friend's...) but now he would rather stay home. Princess is happy to ride shotgun once again - she had been sitting in back to avoid the dog hair on her ubiquitous black yoga pants.
 
Oh, we had a blast. :048:

Finn and Bex got to meet their new vet - very nice guy who will be buying the practice from our current vet. We love her, especially how compassionate and gentle she was with Odin (and us) when it was time to say goodbye. But she's ready to go into semi-retirement, so it may turn out that she'll come in part time and work for this guy. Fine by us!

Are you sure it's not a skin tag?
Yep - it was definitely a tick. When I pulled it last night I saw its nasty little legs waving in the air. I was hoping to see the whole body intact, but since I pinched down I knew I may have squashed its nasty head. The vet took a good look and said with the presence of a plug-like hole, it was likely I got it all out. Just watch it, etc. He gave Finn her shot and looked her over, too.

Both kitties are healthy and happy. Back into their carriers so they could go y-y-Y-O-W-W-W-L-L all the way home!
 
Whew! glad that's over! At least as you said, they're now healthy and happy. Maybe you should have a glass of wine.

So should I. New TVs are thin and lightweight! but... I cannot get the cord in to the old adapter. I just cannot reach it, and it looks like I'll have to unplug the old DVD and in the future, plug a new DVD into the top of three outlets not the bottom, to have room for this new plug/cord. So no TV yet til I get reinforcements (AKA someone with longer arms and/or the ability to get back in there where I can't). This is what I get for having got a nice heavy wood bookcase etc.

Good news is that the brown truck also brought a copy of my birth certificate in case I need to prove to the license bureau that I was actually born and didn't crawl out from under a rock.
 
I'm just now watching the NHRA finals.
Gonna have some Blue Bell Pecan Pralines and Cream later.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
 
Got the second batch done at the brewery tonight. Just heading home. I left the house this morning at 6:30. Woof.
 
Good morning all, it is a cloudy and nippy start today Mum has got Susie as I`m shooting my first jazz gig of 2019 later on using both X cameras and really looking forward to it :)
 
Yesterday was another gray dreary day, managed a little shopping along the wine trail. GaryA is a bad influence on me. However we'd already hit the moonshine distilleries earlier in the week, so the wine kind of rounded things out. Last night we took in another show, had intended on a few night light shots but just as we were leaving it started pouring, so the camera stayed home. Today is finally clear and sunny. Will be driving up into the mountains today for a relaxing day, before we head in tomorrow.
 
Clingman's Dome? I like the drive over into Cherokee, NC.

Will head out that way, not sure what is open. Last time during the Obama administration when they had a shut down, they closed everything. They even hauled in concrete barriers to close off the pull offs along the highway. It's my understanding that parts are still open this time.
 
I'd comment but usually when nothing should be said I say the wrong thing.
We are going to have breakfast for dinner soon. The computer wigged out again.
But after two shut down and restart it is working again but don't want to open too many wimdows.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom