What's new

The Coffee House

We woke up to a dusting of snow/sleet on the grass and car. The roads were fine on our commute but there were a diaper load of crashes north of the city; one fatal.

MLW has her medical assessment and has been placed in IOJ no work mode until next week. We’re leaving for the Risk Management office in a few, then home.
 
Snowed here too, about 6:30 or so last night it was still light enough to see it was white out there; it's melted but there's more a-comin'! I'm real tired of these French toast weekends (I don't know if I even want to get on Facebook to see the usual weather prediction from my French toast friend!) Good thing I have some indoor hobbies.

Too bad real life isn't like some of these daytime/late night commercials. A pizza just dropped by a little parachute onto a picnic table, then a nice big hamburger under a glass lid rose out of a pond among the cattails! That'd be handy if you're out picnicking or fishing.
 
We brewed a beer with triticale as a main component of the grist. No, I don’t really know what it is. But, it wasn’t locally grown, and this beer is featuring CT ingredients.
 
It just doesn't seem right I gotta go to work on Saturday. Last night the phone indicated 55 this morning going up to 70.
This morning it says 53 going to 59.
I'm not sure it has any basis in facts.
Good mug of coffee.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
 
We brewed a beer with triticale as a main component of the grist. No, I don’t really know what it is. But, it wasn’t locally grown, and this beer is featuring CT ingredients.
If it were quatro-triticale, you could call it "Tribble."
 
We are heading to the ocean today. MLW has never been to Chincoteague or Assateague Islands so we're going to go look for some wild ponies.
 
Last edited:
That sounds like so much fun, Bear. Hope you get good weather. Enjoy!
 
Well our weather has gone down the pan here, and so they say we now have stupid Storm Freya to hit us. OH what joy... NOT.
 
Hey hosers.

Weather is doing stuff here, too. What is it doing? Meh, who knows? I don't really pay attention. Every time someone asks me if I know what the weather is supposed to be like, I say, "Um, have you met me? Since when do I know the answer to that?"

Having a slow morning of coffee and reading. I always have to recover from the week on Saturdays.

Our bursar office was closed yesterday for the funeral of another co-worker who died suddenly and too young. She was a sweet woman, and she had friends not just in her department - all of us in the building knew and liked her. So two well-liked colleagues and also our former president have died in quick succession. It's been a rough month at my college.

Was going to show a few pictures for Women's History Month. There's a display case at school and the folks in Student Involvement arranged artists to show work during Black History Month, and they were doing the same. However, it went from one artist per week to a few artist per week, then all 11 artists in one week because of comstruction scheduling, and then to no one at all because they can't find the key to the space. :biglaugh: I backed out when it went to everyone crammed into the small space. Oh well.
 
5.03 hours today. I was here at 4.45am. The keyholder got here at 5.08am. Clocked in 5.09. 31 and a bit under 1/4 for the week. In a few minutes or so I will go hit the PO and then the box at the front of the neighborhood and then home.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
 
Hey hosers.

Weather is doing stuff here, too. What is it doing? Meh, who knows? I don't really pay attention. Every time someone asks me if I know what the weather is supposed to be like, I say, "Um, have you met me? Since when do I know the answer to that?"

Having a slow morning of coffee and reading. I always have to recover from the week on Saturdays.

Our bursar office was closed yesterday for the funeral of another co-worker who died suddenly and too young. She was a sweet woman, and she had friends not just in her department - all of us in the building knew and liked her. So two well-liked colleagues and also our former president have died in quick succession. It's been a rough month at my college.

Was going to show a few pictures for Women's History Month. There's a display case at school and the folks in Student Involvement arranged artists to show work during Black History Month, and they were doing the same. However, it went from one artist per week to a few artist per week, then all 11 artists in one week because of comstruction scheduling, and then to no one at all because they can't find the key to the space. :biglaugh: I backed out when it went to everyone crammed into the small space. Oh well.
For pete's sake, they couldn't find the key?! Lame! :lol: It could have been interesting. Oh well. Maybe someone will take the initiative and get someone from maintenance over there.

Sorry to hear about your colleagues - you're right, this has been a sad month there at your college.
 
The box at the front of the neighborhood had a note about an oversize package for Dad.
Went back to town for it. It was a BIG bag of meds from the VA. Sister is off with Pam.
Another rollicking Saturday.
 
I don't mind stormy weather cos its all about the light....Just give me light.........:)
 
More snow fell here today. Luckily, it wasn't as bad as they predicted. Snow fall remained light and melt almost as soon as it hit the ground. What little did accumulate melted away in no time. Wish the storm coming in tomorrow night would be like that.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom