What's new

The Coffee House

I recently called a retired engineer friend of mine and asked him what he was working on in his free time.

He replied that he was starting a new project "Aqua-thermal treatment of ceramics, aluminium, and steel under a constrained environment".

I was quite impressed until further questioning revealed that he was washing dishes in hot water under his wife's supervision. Sometimes its how you tell the story thats more important then the story! :allteeth:
 
Same goes for titles, Over here the powers that be started calling caretakers, janitors to non uk peeps, site and premises , buildings, managers.
 
Same goes for titles, Over here the powers that be started calling caretakers, janitors to non uk peeps, site and premises , buildings, managers.

secretary = administrative assistant
janitor = sanitary engineer
 
I recently called a retired engineer friend of mine and asked him what he was working on in his free time.

He replied that he was starting a new project "Aqua-thermal treatment of ceramics, aluminium, and steel under a constrained environment".

I was quite impressed until further questioning revealed that he was washing dishes in hot water under his wife's supervision. Sometimes its how you tell the story thats more important then the story! :allteeth:

I'm the "pressure differential particle separation engineer" at our house. Which means I run the vacuum cleaner.
 
Leo's starting to sound Canadian. Have some poutine.
 
Hey, has FujiDave been on lately? What made him come to mind was a Hitchcock episode filmed in Gr. Britain at Brighton and I think he lives more or less in that area.
 
Yeah since the whole “I was roofied” thing... hope all is well.
 
It looks like his last post was July 6.
 
I just slathered mayo on my buns.

:dob:


Hamburger buns.
 
You tricky bear!

There's hockey on!!! Replay of the game I came into in the middle this afternoon, World Junior Summer Showcase hosted by Team USA at their training facility/arena in Michigan. And there are - scouts!!! Nobody else much there watching, when a puck rang off the post did it echo! Brings back memories...

Nothing like some nice icy hockey on a hot summer's day.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom