What's new

The Coffee House

Wow. Carnage at the flying field.
Biggest loss was a beautiful turbine Huey helicopter that was motoring along and something flew off of it and then it dived into the ground. Only the turbine gear survived. A Corsair, a Zero and one Mustang will likely never fly again.
Could have bought an Amazingly Beautiful Westland Hylander and probably should have. But I figure I should get my foam Frankenplanes flyable first.
Probably going to spend at least a couple hours at the field today.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
 
I'm very happy about the July 2019 Sm4him Challenge: we actually have more entrants that the POTM!
:bouncingsmileys:

Thanks to everyone that entered, some of whom stop by here, once in a while.
NOW GO VOTE!
 
There was a shooting in Dayton O., that's a little too close to home, my brother used to live right in the area where it happened. I've been there, not in a long time but there are shops and bars and restaurants, etc. Not random, the shooter killed his sister and possibly her boyfriend so it must have been targeted, he must have known where they were to get them as they came out. He doesn't live in that area.

Reports on the local news have been that police patrol the area and were on the scene within 24 seconds. Besides it being shocking and upsetting I'm angry that those semiautomatic weapons that can shoot rounds are available - nobody needs those, nobody. Not that he couldn't have shown up with a gun, but not to do this much this fast, and to think what could have happened if police weren't right there to stop him.

Trying to keep busy to not think about it too much. My best friend's coming up later and I don't know on a Sunday if she's even seen it.
 
I'm 100% with you in sentiment.

However, pistols are "semi-auto." Anything with a clip and all pistols are "semi-auto." With 3 or 4 pistols and a little bit of training, body counts similar to those using a rifle could be achieved., maybe even more.

So we have a choice in this country. We either ban guns altogether or make it very hard to get them or we don't. In my opinion, we made that choice a long time ago (or at least from 2007 when Scalia wrote the SC decision that basically means anyone can own any gun) and these are the consequences.

It's hard to imagine that there are people who shrug and say, "Well all these innocent dead people is just the price we pay for the right/freedom to bear arms." I'm afraid that is exactly what is happening in this country.
 
I appreciate the desire to discuss solutions to this horrible event, but we have to refrain from this discussion in the Off Topic forum.

The appropriate place where this (and any) discussion can continue is the Subscriber's Forum. I'm glad your family members are all safe, Sharon.

Thanks, all!
 
Okay, my Brown Turkey Fig tree has literally exploded with figs this year, that are just starting to ripen. Pulled a few today that were ready, super sweet, really good just eating, but need some ideas on what to do with them. Anyone have any good fig recipes? Freezing, canning, jams?
 
Last edited:
Success!

upload_2019-8-6_14-29-2.webp



bonus:

upload_2019-8-6_14-29-16.webp
 
cant even get my roomba to hit all areas of my floor, yet here we are...
 
Driverless cars are a disaster waiting.
I apparently haven't been here in a few days. Payday has been moved to Thursday at noon. I had to reattach the steering arm on the lawnmower. My Dad is driving my Sister crazy. Doing Rockabilly Radio on YouTube. And doing comics.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
 
They're testing in Brooklyn???? Bad idea. Or, good idea since if it works there, chances are it will work in places that aren't such a cluster****. It'll never work in Boston ;)

I'm telling ya, we are getting closer and closer to being shuttled off to Carousel when the gems on our palms start flashing red.
 
Honestly driverless can't be much worse than some of the morons who are behind the wheel these days. I think 1 in 5 is actually watching the road ahead of them on the way to work. :BangHead:
 
They're testing in Brooklyn???? Bad idea. Or, good idea since if it works there, chances are it will work in places that aren't such a cluster****. It'll never work in Boston ;)

I'm telling ya, we are getting closer and closer to being shuttled off to Carousel when the gems on our palms start flashing red.
Sad thing is, that’s now a generation joke, you have to be of an a generation to know about Logan’s run.
But you are correct, how long before cell phones are surgery imbedded
 
They're testing in Brooklyn???? Bad idea. Or, good idea since if it works there, chances are it will work in places that aren't such a cluster****. It'll never work in Boston ;)
.

GPS gets lost in Boston, I can just imagine the disaster of driverless cars trying to navigate around.
 
They're testing in Brooklyn???? Bad idea. Or, good idea since if it works there, chances are it will work in places that aren't such a cluster****. It'll never work in Boston ;)

I'm telling ya, we are getting closer and closer to being shuttled off to Carousel when the gems on our palms start flashing red.
Ferry terminal at Dock 72 to Cumberland Gate (Navy Yards, I guess); if Google is spotting them correctly, it appears to be just a few blocks.

They're testing in Brooklyn???? Bad idea. Or, good idea since if it works there, chances are it will work in places that aren't such a cluster****. It'll never work in Boston ;)
.

GPS gets lost in Boston, I can just imagine the disaster of driverless cars trying to navigate around.
I don't know how these are set up, but they could be using inertial guidance instead of GPS. I read the (RAF) Harriers were using IG which caused some issued=s at the beginning of the Falklands War because they were operating from a carrier (pitch & roll). There is some development going on with IG devices for to use inside, to better navigate where they are in a fire (you can't see crap in the smoke).
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom