What's new

The Coffee House

What a let down. Thought I'd found a new favorite food yesterday..........until last night. Apparently something was contaminated because DW and I spent most of the night in the bathroom with food poisoning. Mostly over it today, except for the occasional cramp. Called the restaurant and reported, will see if they do anything.
 
It's cold! cold I say!! And I'm not complaining.
It's hot!! Hot here, I say - 98'F to be exact.

And I AM COMPLAINING. This is ridiculous. :icon_mad:

What???? That is ridiculous. It is chilly here today. Tomorrow is looking to be warmer and sunny.

I was hoping for a bit of cloud cover and cooler temps tomorrow. I'm hiking my first real NH "peak". I do a lot of what I like to call horizontal hiking. In the woods, up and down, around some lakes, small waterfalls, the occasional hill... nothing scary or steep. No real elevation. Tomorrow going with my brother who is a serious hiker for what he considers an easy hike - elevation only 2000'. Skill level "moderate". My brother is in the Nh 48 club - and has hiked all but one of the 48 4000+ foot peaks in the NH mountains. I'm starting my hiking training for a photo trip I want to go on next year to either Glacier NP or Yellowstone. But before I commit to that, I want to make sure I am in good enough hiking shape to hike with my equipment without being exhausted.

Four-thousand footers - Wikipedia
That sounds wonderful. I love hiking and, like you, the best for me is to avoid constant ups and downs. Especially when carrying a backpack of photo gear!

Tomorrow we're being promised a high of 77' F. I'll believe it when I feel it.

Made it to the top and back! It was tough and I’m more out of shape than I thought. It was beautiful and quiet when we were up there. We headed up at 7am and reached the summit about 9. We stayed up there about an hour I think then we started to get cold just standing around. I did take some pics but the foliage in the area we were in has only just started to turn. We passed so many people heading up on our way down - it must have been like a crowded city park on the summit by 1pm. The hiking poles I borrowed from my sister in law were a huge help - especially on the way down which was steep and rocky. Had lunch after at a little pub then stopped at the local Apple Festival for some treats. All in all a great but exhausting day.
 
What a let down. Thought I'd found a new favorite food yesterday..........until last night. Apparently something was contaminated because DW and I spent most of the night in the bathroom with food poisoning. Mostly over it today, except for the occasional cramp. Called the restaurant and reported, will see if they do anything.
That sucks!!!!! Nothing worse than food poisoning... glad you're over it (mostly).
 
@tirediron definitely put a damper on the day. Finally ate a little for supper. Jury is still out on if I'll retain it.
 
@tirediron definitely put a damper on the day. Finally ate a little for supper. Jury is still out on if I'll retain it.

It's often the dehydration that makes you feel bad - drink plenty of water, or even better, rehydration salts. Food can wait.
 
@tirediron definitely put a damper on the day. Finally ate a little for supper. Jury is still out on if I'll retain it.

It's often the dehydration that makes you feel bad - drink plenty of water, or even better, rehydration salts. Food can wait.

Yeah we did lots of water, and the supper stayed in place, despite all the noises and grumbling. Hopefully today is the end of it.
 
Made it to the top and back! It was tough and I’m more out of shape than I thought. It was beautiful and quiet when we were up there. We headed up at 7am and reached the summit about 9. We stayed up there about an hour I think then we started to get cold just standing around. I did take some pics but the foliage in the area we were in has only just started to turn. We passed so many people heading up on our way down - it must have been like a crowded city park on the summit by 1pm. The hiking poles I borrowed from my sister in law were a huge help - especially on the way down which was steep and rocky. Had lunch after at a little pub then stopped at the local Apple Festival for some treats. All in all a great but exhausting day.
That really sounds like an awesome day! Good on you to get up early and beat the crowd to the summit like that. I've not used actual hiking poles, but good quality, sturdy walking sticks and they are terrific helpers on terrain like that.

It's time to explore apple festivals in my neck of the woods, now, too! (Now that the temps are suddenly more seasonal and we're not battling 95+ degrees.)
 
Heading out for some hockey later. Hoping the rain holds off, getting in and out with a cane/walker etc. isn't so great if what you're hanging onto is getting wet. Warmups and the 1st will probably be it today, there's hockey again next weekend. At least it's not hot!
 
... she killed a young boy :(

When was the trial?


There was not trial, as the UK police wanted to talk to her as evidence shows she drove on wrong side of road and KILLED the boy, us embassey says diplomatic ammity which imo should NOT happen to family members.
 
There was not trial, as the UK police wanted to talk to her as evidence shows she drove on wrong side of road and KILLED the boy...

I don't know how it works in your country but in my country accused persons are considered innocent until proven guilty via the courts. Being "wanted for questioning" is not proof of anything. Police always say what they believe. It's part of their job. But, it's up to the state to prove guilt.

And, falsely stating publicly that someone committed a serious crime is a serious crime in itself.
 
There was not trial, as the UK police wanted to talk to her as evidence shows she drove on wrong side of road and KILLED the boy...

I don't know how it works in your country but in my country accused persons are considered innocent until proven guilty via the courts. Being "wanted for questioning" is not proof of anything. Police always say what they believe. It's part of their job. But, it's up to the state to prove guilt.

And, falsely stating publicly that someone committed a serious crime is a serious crime in itself.

Think it might be the same as the USA, but she ran away before the police could talk to her but that was because the US lot told her to go home. If she has any sort of love as a mother she should come back to the UK if only to talk to the police, but I don`t think she will. The 1961 act should be sacked imo as it gives a person a chance to kill anyone then run off home.
 
There was not trial, as the UK police wanted to talk to her as evidence shows she drove on wrong side of road and KILLED the boy...

I don't know how it works in your country but in my country accused persons are considered innocent until proven guilty via the courts. Being "wanted for questioning" is not proof of anything. Police always say what they believe. It's part of their job. But, it's up to the state to prove guilt.

And, falsely stating publicly that someone committed a serious crime is a serious crime in itself.

Even if I have said what the UK police have said, is NOT a crime. Why did said woman run away when told too then if it was an accident which sounds like it was as USA drive on other side or road to Uk then come back say, OH I`m sorry I drove on wrong side and knocked over the lad.
 
While I agree that hiding behind the skirts of diplomatic immunity is a cowardly act, as Compur states, right now, she only guilty by her trial in the court of public opinion. I think this might be an issue best left for the Subscriber's Forum...
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom