What's new

The Coffee House

Hi!

About to go change for my yoga class. It's raining, I've had a long day, and I would rather be going home now, but I am going to stick it out. Two hours is too long for a yoga class and I haven't been looking forward to it each week, but I do generally feel glad afterwards that I went. So there's that. It's just that the class isn't over yet so I don't get to feel glad for another two hours. Now I just have the, "Do I really have to go?" feeling. And a bit of a headache.
 
Tomorrows forecast. Northerly wind like a blast furnace.

Partly cloudy. Hot. High 39ºC. Winds NNE at 25 to 40 km/h.

WindNNE 31 km/h

Chance of Rain0%

Humidity22%

UV Index10 of 10




Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
 
Hi!

About to go change for my yoga class. It's raining, I've had a long day, and I would rather be going home now, but I am going to stick it out. Two hours is too long for a yoga class and I haven't been looking forward to it each week, but I do generally feel glad afterwards that I went. So there's that. It's just that the class isn't over yet so I don't get to feel glad for another two hours. Now I just have the, "Do I really have to go?" feeling. And a bit of a headache.
A two hour class! That is kind of long. I would humbly expect a 15-minute savasana!
 
Hi!

About to go change for my yoga class. It's raining, I've had a long day, and I would rather be going home now, but I am going to stick it out. Two hours is too long for a yoga class and I haven't been looking forward to it each week, but I do generally feel glad afterwards that I went. So there's that. It's just that the class isn't over yet so I don't get to feel glad for another two hours. Now I just have the, "Do I really have to go?" feeling. And a bit of a headache.

A two hour class seems too long. When I was in therapy for my knee all summer the therapist said I should pay myself first when it comes to time to do the exercises. I have a quick 15 minutes stretching every morning with a few other exercises thrown in. That is manageable on most days. I really need to get back on the rowing machine.
 
Hi!

About to go change for my yoga class. It's raining, I've had a long day, and I would rather be going home now, but I am going to stick it out. Two hours is too long for a yoga class and I haven't been looking forward to it each week, but I do generally feel glad afterwards that I went. So there's that. It's just that the class isn't over yet so I don't get to feel glad for another two hours. Now I just have the, "Do I really have to go?" feeling. And a bit of a headache.
A two hour class! That is kind of long. I would humbly expect a 15-minute savasana!
I had a yoga class in college. It was my best semester. That said... I fell asleep every single savasana. I’d wake up to people leaving or the professor shaking me. LOL
 
I have not been here on a while. I want to be a great photographer. My wife wants me to be a great husband. I am a great husband (according to her) because I provide for her and don't expect anything in return. I also want to be an amazing photographer because I can be one. She has recently made it a choice. My fat ass is out I guess. I don't want to be out. I am such an idiot. Fast food and my lack of discipline has thumped me.
 
It's all about balance JC, sometimes we all teeter one way or the other, the trick is not to fall. Sometimes real life sucks but does need our full attention.
 
Hi!

About to go change for my yoga class. It's raining, I've had a long day, and I would rather be going home now, but I am going to stick it out. Two hours is too long for a yoga class and I haven't been looking forward to it each week, but I do generally feel glad afterwards that I went. So there's that. It's just that the class isn't over yet so I don't get to feel glad for another two hours. Now I just have the, "Do I really have to go?" feeling. And a bit of a headache.
A two hour class! That is kind of long. I would humbly expect a 15-minute savasana!
I had a yoga class in college. It was my best semester. That said... I fell asleep every single savasana. I’d wake up to people leaving or the professor shaking me. LOL
There's always one in every class, Wade! Especially in college, when you're likely not sleeping a lot, anyway. ;)
 
Hi all, cold and heavy rain here, looking at this weeks chalange. As soon as the rain stops I plan to get some tools out of the workshop.
 
Hi!

About to go change for my yoga class. It's raining, I've had a long day, and I would rather be going home now, but I am going to stick it out. Two hours is too long for a yoga class and I haven't been looking forward to it each week, but I do generally feel glad afterwards that I went. So there's that. It's just that the class isn't over yet so I don't get to feel glad for another two hours. Now I just have the, "Do I really have to go?" feeling. And a bit of a headache.
A two hour class! That is kind of long. I would humbly expect a 15-minute savasana!
I had a yoga class in college. It was my best semester. That said... I fell asleep every single savasana. I’d wake up to people leaving or the professor shaking me. LOL
There's always one in every class, Wade! Especially in college, when you're likely not sleeping a lot, anyway. ;)

Yeah, she has very long savasanas and I always doze off! The problem is that her sense of time is somewhat...fluid...so we'll often go past time, which is already late. The class is from 7-9 on Thursday nights, and we'll often go to 9:15. It's not a bad class, but just too long. I would probably take it again if it were just an hour.

It's an interesting class, though. Never realized how different kundalini yoga could be from hatha yoga, and how the practices can be combined and how different the exercises can make me feel. The kundalini routines end up making me feel almost jittery. It does focus a lot on activating different glands and endocrine systems, and I can feel it for sure. Sometimes it's good and sometimes I just feel depleted, but then better the next day.

I like it enough that I want to continue the practice myself at home, or maybe I'll find a different class. I can't take this class again next semester anyway, if for no other reason than I will be teaching on Tues and Thurs nights in the Spring.
 
Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom