What's new

The Coffee House

I'll say one thing I really appreciate about the class: I have found out that I am still pretty darn flexible even at the age of 48 :biggrin-93:
 
Never realized how different kundalini yoga could be from hatha yoga, and how the practices can be combined and how different the exercises can make me feel.
Kundalini yoga is awesome! With my chronic back issues, it's nearly always a beneficial workout for me if I'm not up for a lot of standing poses. There's a lot of emphasis on pranayama, the breathing exercises. Lots of oxygen to the brain, which can make you kind of jittery but feeling great later. Sounds like a great class, with intermixed styles like that. (Though 2 hours is still a bit long, IMO.)

Yoga is a gift. :586:
 
I finally found a tea place called Zen Tea in Chamblee, Georgia where they sale Blood Orange Sorbet loose leaf tea. I came to like this particular type of tea when I lived in Florida and when the tea place called TeaVana was still in business before they closed all the stores down. I was lucky enough to find Zen Tea to have Blood Orange Sorbet in stock so I ordered 1lb of it.

I like to drink this Blood Orange Sorbet cold with sugar in it I don't like this tea hot doesn't taste good to me when served hot.
 
Yesterday was a beautiful warm 63 degree fall day for the Veterans parade. The grands marched in the parade with the girl scouts. I took a few photos of the parade. Less entries this year. Today is snow and 30s.
 
Yesterday was a beautiful warm 63 degree fall day for the Veterans parade. The grands marched in the parade with the girl scouts. I took a few photos of the parade. Less entries this year. Today is snow and 30s.
And it's headed our way! :boogie:
 
We’re expecting sub freezing temps and maybe some snow but not a lot of accumulation this week. The pups are going to have to make do with running around out back. Mama don’t do the cold!
 
It snowed. It accumulated.

Too much too early (3 inches). But with the full moon there were long shadows from the trees across the snow last night, and hoppity hop footprints across the back yard this morning.
 
It snowed. It accumulated.

Too much too early (3 inches). But with the full moon there were long shadows from the trees across the snow last night, and hoppity hop footprints across the back yard this morning.
Please keep it on your side of the continent, thankyewverymuch!
 
I don't know, I think it's on the wrong side of the border...

And speaking of... what is the deal with Grapes being fired? He's been saying nutty stuff for decades, did they just now notice?? I watched it, twice (when I changed channels and the other game was still in intermission); who said anything about immigrants? I thought he was gripin' about people who have it pretty good and don't wear a poppy. Then they showed that clip of him in France where there are rows of headstones from WWI or II.

He said in the Toronto Sun that he thinks 'everybody' should wear a poppy and he stands by that... So if it was interpreted as critcizing a particular group of people or whatever why not suspend him, send him for some sort of sensitivity/awareness training (although I don't know with him if it'd sink in); then decide if it's necessary to make it permanent or whether to have him back on in the future. I'm tired of knee jerk reactions.

All you had to mention was Canada... what can I say? I'm a long time hockey fan.
 
It snowed. It accumulated.

Too much too early (3 inches). But with the full moon there were long shadows from the trees across the snow last night, and hoppity hop footprints across the back yard this morning.
We got flurries throughout the day today! But, I’m with John, keep it there! I’m not ready, yet! ;)
 
I don't know, I think it's on the wrong side of the border...

And speaking of... what is the deal with Grapes being fired? He's been saying nutty stuff for decades, did they just now notice?? I watched it, twice (when I changed channels and the other game was still in intermission); who said anything about immigrants? I thought he was gripin' about people who have it pretty good and don't wear a poppy. Then they showed that clip of him in France where there are rows of headstones from WWI or II.

He said in the Toronto Sun that he thinks 'everybody' should wear a poppy and he stands by that... So if it was interpreted as critcizing a particular group of people or whatever why not suspend him, send him for some sort of sensitivity/awareness training (although I don't know with him if it'd sink in); then decide if it's necessary to make it permanent or whether to have him back on in the future. I'm tired of knee jerk reactions.

All you had to mention was Canada... what can I say? I'm a long time hockey fan.
Typical over-the-top "PC" over-reaction to a perceived interpretation of what someone said and the assumption that because it was a particular someone, whatever he said must be wrong/bad, etc.
 
Morning all, I have no idea what you are talking about, but that’s normal. Catch you later
 
I’m hoping this early freeze is not signaling a snowy winter. We are flying to FL in a few weeks for a family trip to Disney. We won’t be there during the actual Christmas madness, we’re going early December which is sneaking up on me pretty quickly! If you’ve never been there in December, it’s really beautiful and festive and the temps are just right for all that walking. This will be our 3rd time going at this time of year. Crossing our fingers for good flying weather.
 
I’m hoping this early freeze is not signaling a snowy winter. We are flying to FL in a few weeks for a family trip to Disney. We won’t be there during the actual Christmas madness, we’re going early December which is sneaking up on me pretty quickly! If you’ve never been there in December, it’s really beautiful and festive and the temps are just right for all that walking. This will be our 3rd time going at this time of year. Crossing our fingers for good flying weather.
Good luck! That sounds awesome! We’d love to go to Disney at some point, but we think our daughter is still a little young at 2. What age about do you think would be good?

Also, I agree on the snowy winter. So cold so fast, and it seems like it’s been a wetter year, as well. My back is thinking of getting a snow blower this year.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom