What's new

The Coffee House

I’m hoping this early freeze is not signaling a snowy winter. We are flying to FL in a few weeks for a family trip to Disney. We won’t be there during the actual Christmas madness, we’re going early December which is sneaking up on me pretty quickly! If you’ve never been there in December, it’s really beautiful and festive and the temps are just right for all that walking. This will be our 3rd time going at this time of year. Crossing our fingers for good flying weather.
That sounds fun! My niece worked there (in the finance department) and she said the same thing about how beautiful it is dressed up during the holidays. She's since been transferred to LA, and likes it, but is waiting to see if the holiday action equals Orlando. ;)
 
It snowed. It accumulated.

Too much too early (3 inches). But with the full moon there were long shadows from the trees across the snow last night, and hoppity hop footprints across the back yard this morning.
That sounds so sweet! :)
 
For everyone who drinks hot tea or know who someone who does what does everyone use for tea scoops? I am looking for one.
 
For everyone who drinks hot tea or know who someone who does what does everyone use for tea scoops? I am looking for one.
This; measured table spoon. It’s also perfect for the you-fill-it Keurig K-Cups.
571ED7AF-3EE7-4FDD-83A0-F04ED5FA8593.webp
 
It’s going to be a rough night. I have a long overdue procedure tomorrow and had to take a “special” drink a few hours ago. Combined with the liquids only diet, it’s kicking my butt (not a figurative statement). I get to partake in another of the drinks at 3AM.

There is good news, though. I’ve lost about 12 pounds in a month, and my glucose is on a downward trend, to about half of what it was a month ago.
 
For everyone who drinks hot tea or know who someone who does what does everyone use for tea scoops? I am looking for one.

A Perfect Cup Tea Scoop - Stainless Steel

I know it's essentially the same size as a measuring spoon (one teaspoon) but we have a Harney and Sons store near us and I picked up one of these spoons and it's just really really nice to use. Nice heft, clean lines, pretty, functional.
 
I’m hoping this early freeze is not signaling a snowy winter. We are flying to FL in a few weeks for a family trip to Disney. We won’t be there during the actual Christmas madness, we’re going early December which is sneaking up on me pretty quickly! If you’ve never been there in December, it’s really beautiful and festive and the temps are just right for all that walking. This will be our 3rd time going at this time of year. Crossing our fingers for good flying weather.
Good luck! That sounds awesome! We’d love to go to Disney at some point, but we think our daughter is still a little young at 2. What age about do you think would be good?

Also, I agree on the snowy winter. So cold so fast, and it seems like it’s been a wetter year, as well. My back is thinking of getting a snow blower this year.

The first time you take your kid to Disney is more for you than them since they won’t even remember it! You have to find the sweet spot between still willing to get in a stroller and able to enjoy most of the rides. 4-5 is perfect imo, especially if they are into the movies. Princess was in K our first trip. I have great photos and fond memories. We went back when she was 8 and could ride the big kid rides and stay up late for the fireworks - best trip! We’ve gone a few more times, every 3-4 years has suited us pretty well. I suspect this will be our last Disney trip for quite some time...
 
I’m hoping this early freeze is not signaling a snowy winter. We are flying to FL in a few weeks for a family trip to Disney. We won’t be there during the actual Christmas madness, we’re going early December which is sneaking up on me pretty quickly! If you’ve never been there in December, it’s really beautiful and festive and the temps are just right for all that walking. This will be our 3rd time going at this time of year. Crossing our fingers for good flying weather.
Good luck! That sounds awesome! We’d love to go to Disney at some point, but we think our daughter is still a little young at 2. What age about do you think would be good?

Also, I agree on the snowy winter. So cold so fast, and it seems like it’s been a wetter year, as well. My back is thinking of getting a snow blower this year.

The first time you take your kid to Disney is more for you than them since they won’t even remember it! You have to find the sweet spot between still willing to get in a stroller and able to enjoy most of the rides. 4-5 is perfect imo, especially if they are into the movies. Princess was in K our first trip. I have great photos and fond memories. We went back when she was 8 and could ride the big kid rides and stay up late for the fireworks - best trip! We’ve gone a few more times, every 3-4 years has suited us pretty well. I suspect this will be our last Disney trip for quite some time...
Thanks for the info! We’ve been casually talking about it, but now that she’s turning 2, time is flying.

Four or five sounds like a nice age to go. I do want her to be able to do some rides, so that would be good. And, I didn’t think about still being in a stroller...

Every 3-4 years? That’s cool! I’m going to start with going once and then work up to going more times.. lol
 
This darkness has me getting my SAD light out...

giphy.gif
 
This darkness has me getting my SAD light out...

giphy.gif

I feel sympathetic with the concept of the change in light affecting your mood in a negative way, so I'm feeling bad for you right now. It's just that I work in the complete opposite way. I feel like I can finally relax and get a respite from heat and light, both of which are quite hurty to me.
 
In other news, I have a new Pixel 3 XL. Supposedly has one of the best cameras of any smartphone. I'll take some test shots for y'all tomorrow. :)
 
This darkness has me getting my SAD light out...

giphy.gif

I feel sympathetic with the concept of the change in light affecting your mood in a negative way, so I'm feeling bad for you right now. It's just that I work in the complete opposite way. I feel like I can finally relax and get a respite from heat and light, both of which are quite hurty to me.
I hear you, as I’m sympathetic to you and those that dislike warmer weather when the “days get longer”. I do enjoy colder weather (especially crisp fall days), but not as much as I enjoy being outside in spring and summer.
 
Morning everyone well almost afternoon time. :D
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom