What's new

The Coffee House

We went to see Parasite last night. Well. It was a somewhat bizarre flick while, at the same time, almost formulaic in a way. I had been intrigued by all the hype, too - this film won several 2019 Cannes awards and is getting Oscar buzz, for all that it's a South Korean film directed by a South Korean director.

I did like it. Believable, though over the top, storyline. Wealth/class conflicts are present in all cultures, it seems. Great acting by all. Scenes are beautiful and haunting by turns. Some definite dark humor, lots of tension, and it has a couple of very violent scenes, which I tend to find icky in a general way. :icon_mrgreen: It's somewhat of a slow build, as well, which I felt could have been improved by some mild editing in minor scenes to move things along - so, be aware of that going in. If you're not at all intimidated by subtitles,either - by all means, give it a shot.
 
We have some parasites at work; new ones show up every four or eight years.
 
Hey hosers.

A few quick test shots with the new Pixel of my little Jurassic Park windowsill at work. Cropped but nothing else. First shot is in the morning, backlit. The next two shots were kind of obviously at sunset.

Official opinion so far: not bad.
Googly Dino - Edited.webp
Googly Dino at Sunset - Edited.webp
Sunset - Edited.webp




 
Nice shots.
I have just found out there is an I pad/phone app for this site. I was browsing the photography apps and chanced upon the app.
 
Sad day for Alabama fans, our quarterback Tua Tagovailoa’s suffered a hip dislocation and fracture just before halftime Saturday at Mississippi State that not only ends his season, but could end the Crimson Tide star’s career permanently. https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2019/11/16/tua-injury/ He is expected to undergo surgery later tonight.
 
That's a shame to hear an injury may end someone's career, hope his recovery goes well.

On a lighter note, in the 3rd period of a game it was said 'his pants pushed the puck in' - what kind of way is that to score a goal?! Had it counted, would his skate pants be listed as scoring the game winner? Would his pants go on the score sheet as receiving a point??! lol The goal being disallowed was iffy enough, but sliding/being pushed thru the crease and into the net and possibly moving the leg/skate pants forward is hardly a kicking motion.

Leo, I love the first picture, it just made me laugh with that big eye looking at me around the disproportionate jurassic plants! Always good to have a nice view at work.
 
That's a shame to hear an injury may end someone's career, hope his recovery goes well.

On a lighter note, in the 3rd period of a game it was said 'his pants pushed the puck in' - what kind of way is that to score a goal?! Had it counted, would his skate pants be listed as scoring the game winner? Would his pants go on the score sheet as receiving a point??! lol The goal being disallowed was iffy enough, but sliding/being pushed thru the crease and into the net and possibly moving the leg/skate pants forward is hardly a kicking motion.

Leo, I love the first picture, it just made me laugh with that big eye looking at me around the disproportionate jurassic plants! Always good to have a nice view at work.

Googly eyes make everything better ;)
 
Vancouver's wearing a retro jersey tonight as part of their 50th season. I just hope if they haven't yet that they don't feel compelled to wear the one from the '70s that I read described having a 'traffic cone orange flying V' on the front, or they may need to hand out sunglasses to the fans.
 
Well, it does have a bottle opener.
 
Smoke I was glad to read that the Alabama player's surgery was successful and there's a good prognosis for his recovery.
 
Nope, don't think I'd ride with this guy if offered. CRAZY.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom