What's new

The Coffee House

@CherylL

I got my daughter one of the instant cameras a few years ago. The film doesn’t go very far for the money. The Cannon Pixma is easy to use to print from any digital camera. The paper and “ink” are reasonable as well. Maybe go that route.

I found out that Santa is giving the 6yo & 9yo Instamatic cameras. My daughter found a bundle on Amazon that came with film. She said there would be plenty of film for both girls. Taking bets how long that film lasts! :drunken_smilie:

if they’re anything like my daughter at those ages it will be gone in 24 hours!
 
found out that Santa is giving the 6yo & 9yo Instamatic cameras. My daughter found a bundle on Amazon that came with film. She said there would be plenty of film for both girls. Taking bets how long that film lasts! :drunken_smilie:

Probably till the first round of developing
 
@CherylL

I got my daughter one of the instant cameras a few years ago. The film doesn’t go very far for the money. The Cannon Pixma is easy to use to print from any digital camera. The paper and “ink” are reasonable as well. Maybe go that route.

I found out that Santa is giving the 6yo & 9yo Instamatic cameras. My daughter found a bundle on Amazon that came with film. She said there would be plenty of film for both girls. Taking bets how long that film lasts! :drunken_smilie:

Are you talking about the Fuji Instax cameras?
 
Just got in from taking Li'l Bit to Disney Frozen Jr musical presented by one of our local theater groups. We may be a small town but nothing small about the performance of these talented folks. It was held at the Fine Arts Center on the campus of our local community college, to a sellout crowd. I was in awe at the costumes, set design, vocal and dance talent coming from a cast of over 50 ranging in age from some not much older then Li'l Bit, to college seniors. The logistics of even putting this together with just volunteers seems mind boggling and to do it in such a polished manner was truly amazing. Their work rivals or exceeds that of many off Broadway performance I've thrown money away on over the years. Can't wait for 2020 season to roll around.
 
Really nice when the local group does so well.

We actually have three groups in our community, one of which owns thier own theater, and also does some fantastic productions. The group that did the one we went to see yesterday, also runs a theatrical school for kids, which is well respected. The support for local theater from volunteers and patrons has been strong over the years. The theater yesterday seats over 1200, and rarely is it not a sellout crowd for these major productions.
 
Hi hosers. Trying to decide if I should put up our regular big tree or stick with the small one we put up before going out of town. With our trip and the new puppy we opted for a small tree that I put up on a table. But we’re expecting lots of guests next week. And the house seems bare. The puppy is still pretty rambunctious... really of two minds on this one.
 
Sharon, I guess the simple answer is, whichever tree brings you more joy. ;)
 
@CherylL

I got my daughter one of the instant cameras a few years ago. The film doesn’t go very far for the money. The Cannon Pixma is easy to use to print from any digital camera. The paper and “ink” are reasonable as well. Maybe go that route.

I found out that Santa is giving the 6yo & 9yo Instamatic cameras. My daughter found a bundle on Amazon that came with film. She said there would be plenty of film for both girls. Taking bets how long that film lasts! :drunken_smilie:

Are you talking about the Fuji Instax cameras?

Yes, the instax mini
 
It's rare for me to come across a lighting modifier that I don't have at least one of in some version, but every now and then.... You've all heard of Santa, Baby, right?



Well...






Check out....












Santa Brolly:
Santa_Brolly1.jpg
 
We started L'il Bit in dance school (Ballet &Tap) this fall. At 4 yrs old we weren't expecting much but have we ever been surprised. After an initial rough spot with listening to directions, our little duckling has found her pond. Their recital isn't until May but the school gave us a preview of some of the things they've learned. Yeah her Pirouettes were a little wobbly and getting a rear view of a focused toddler doing a Plié is hilarious, but all in all we were amazed at how much she'd learned in such a short time. Really looking forward to her recital.
 
Morning hosers! Snowing here but just a few inches. Princess was disappointed that the anticipated snow day never happened.
 
Ugh one of the other forums that I frequent has a spam issue with annoying pop ups locking your browser. Absolutely un-usable this past week. Makes me appreciate our well run site here on TPF. As long as I’m logged in I never get annoying pop ups here.
 
Did you make a tree decision? It's not an easy one!

We've been listening to our poor next door neighbors' dog for the last week, suddenly relegated to her outdoor kennel (which I despise, anyway - big, ugly chain link thing) and we're assuming it's because they can't trust her around the tree or other holiday decorations. She's a big golden retriever, loves to romp. But she hates her kennel! She yowls, cries, and I've watched her dig furiously around the door to try to get out. Those folks want to give their kids a tree, but another family member is suffering for it!

There really is no easy answer. We had one crash years ago - and it was because one of the cats decided to climb it - and it was a mess to clean up. :lol:
 
I might put a few decorations up this weekend, but no big tree this year. The girls have never seen a big, decorated tree, so I'm not really sure how they'll react whenever they see their first one (hopefully next year.) Might be a non-issue, or it could be a very...interesting holiday season ;)

No snow here, but freezing rain and sleet all day until evening. The weather farther south in the county has already turned to plain rain, and that's where my college is, so they had a delayed opening instead of a full-day cancellation. However, I live to the north of the line where weather often turns from "not too bad" to "just stay home," so I've stayed home. Up here, it's still all ice and sleet, and I don't exactly relish the idea of sliding and spinning my way to and from work.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom