What's new

The Coffee House

Did you make a tree decision? It's not an easy one!

We've been listening to our poor next door neighbors' dog for the last week, suddenly relegated to her outdoor kennel (which I despise, anyway - big, ugly chain link thing) and we're assuming it's because they can't trust her around the tree or other holiday decorations. She's a big golden retriever, loves to romp. But she hates her kennel! She yowls, cries, and I've watched her dig furiously around the door to try to get out. Those folks want to give their kids a tree, but another family member is suffering for it!

There really is no easy answer. We had one crash years ago - and it was because one of the cats decided to climb it - and it was a mess to clean up. :lol:

Yes decided to spare myself the drama of the dog pulling the tree down and possibly breaking some of our family ornaments that I cherish. Just going with the small one this year. She’ll be almost 2 next Christmas and better behaved I’m sure.

We’ve been super lucky (knock on wood) that she’s not a barker so far. She has only barked a few times - at the lawnmower and at the shark robot vacuum. Not scared of it just wants to play. She loves to run around our yard digging holes and chasing chipmunks and birds. So she’s happy to be outside during the day because she has the run of the yard since it’s 100% fenced in. She also doesn’t seem to mind her crate when we have to go out without her. She runs right in there on command. When I’m home she’s either with me where I can keep an eye in her or shut in the mostly puppy proof kitchen just hanging out.

She’s got a pretty sweet gig.
 
Feel like your day at work was really tough? A fellow at my work went out at the end of the day to discover his car was not in his usual parking spot and called the police to report it stolen. They came pretty quickly and were taking his info when another worker yells from the other end of the lot " Isn't this your car?". Apparently he totally forgot. Me, being the caring person I am, came home and made him a card
IMG_20191217_185938.webp
IMG_20191217_190000.webp
 
Haha, love it, Charlie!
 
And I see a camera...
 
Yes, there is a camera. There are also a few globes, a firefighter ornament, a Maryland ornament, and a "Hello Kitty." MLW also grabbed one of the Pier 1 annual ornaments (the heart at the bottom).

We didn't realize how many polar bears we have.
 
great tree!
 
Thanks, Sharon.
 
I've been wrapping presents for the last 3 days, about 20 hours. I help my daughter by wrapping all of her gifts. Found the Instax mini cameras in the pile. One has a very cute llama case and the other one is bunnies. So cute! My daughter stopped by to drop off another load for me to wrap and we tested out one of the cameras. After today's marathon I told my daughter if she has any more gifts then she will have to wrap. Santa's workshop sweatshop is closed.
 
I've been wrapping presents for the last 3 days, about 20 hours. I help my daughter by wrapping all of her gifts. Found the Instax mini cameras in the pile. One has a very cute llama case and the other one is bunnies. So cute! My daughter stopped by to drop off another load for me to wrap and we tested out one of the cameras. After today's marathon I told my daughter if she has any more gifts then she will have to wrap. Santa's workshop sweatshop is closed.

That’s a lot of wrapping Cheryl! I’m planning to wrap all my stuff tomorrow night while Princess is out. It’s not a lot as the older kids just want cash and gift cards but I usually grab a small gift to go with. Also have some stuff for a few friends and relatives. I expect it to take about 2 hours if I’m watching a Christmas movie and having a nice festive cocktail while I do it.
 
I for one, don't miss all the wrapping. With two left thumbs and generic tape, the HULK could have done better. Did the best I could. Glad nobody really cared. Lol.

These days, I only have to deal with the grandkids. Used to be easy. Now the oldest is almost 16. He wants a car. Good luck with that.....here's 50.00!
 
I have it very easy ... MLW does the shopping (I help wrap), but I have to get her something. I known what to get her, and will take an extended lunch break tomorrow.
 
We have gone down the gift bag route, as neither have the movement in our hands to wrap anything
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom