The Coffee House

You mean there's some sport other than hockey on this weekend??

NESN had on a Beanpot preview... but didn't watch it since I just tuned in to an early Big Ten game. I hadn't thought about that it's February tomorrow and - the Beanpot starts Monday!! (Thank you cable company for adding NESN to my sports package.) Go Northeastern dog pound.

Oh goody, the Beanpot preview is on again Sunday afternoon, if I remember to watch it. Notre Dame v. Penn St.'s getting chippy...

(Made myself a note on my Page a day calendar, but will I look at it?? on the weekend? never know! lol)

edit - Wine time is official?? alright!!! (All I got is some leftover Kahlua that's been in the fridge awhile...)

YES a Great Friday night indeed :D

Happy Friday evening, hosers!

It's officially fire and wine time here. Been a drizzling, cold, ugly day out there. My firewood is dry, though, and will be crackling soon. Red wine and pizza next up.

We are going with Five Guys take out and soda tonight. I need beef and salt!!! I had a couple of martinis last night and don't quite feel up to drinking anything tonight...

Neither of us felt like cooking, so tonight's dinner was leftover pizza and microwave meatballs. Tomorrow brings haircuts and art of some kind.

Maybe combine leftover meatballs and art... on top of ol' Smoky, all covered with cheese, I lost my poor meatball, when somebody sneezed.

And I haven't had a drop of an adult beverage this evening.

The Golden Domers are down a point in the 3rd.

Last edited:
Last weekend a retired couple I know, called and said their washer wasn't agitating as it should. A local repair service quoted around 300.00. Did my usual Googling and figured out what the problem was. The official "branded" repair kit, (8 pieces) was about 25.00. Found a generic version for 5.00 on Ebay. Arrived yesterday. Stopped after work tonight. Literally took me about 20 minutes. Ridiculous.

They're on a fixed income and I won't take their money. They already know this, but surprised me. Barb, has had to take a part time job to pay for some of the meds they're on. She came in the door as I was finishing up. Handed me two chicken sandwiches. Jerry reached into the fridge and handed me a 12 pack of my favorite beer. What's a guy to do? Dinner and drinks are on them tonight! Lol.

Last weekend a retired couple I know, called and said their washer wasn't agitating as it should. A local repair service quoted around 300.00. Did my usual Googling and figured out what the problem was. The official "branded" repair kit, (8 pieces) was about 25.00. Found a generic version for 5.00 on Ebay. Arrived yesterday. Stopped after work tonight. Literally took me about 20 minutes. Ridiculous.

They're on a fixed income and I won't take their money. They already know this, but surprised me. Barb, has had to take a part time job to pay for some of the meds they're on. She came in the door as I was finishing up. Handed me two chicken sandwiches. Jerry reached into the fridge and handed me a 12 pack of my favorite beer. What's a guy to do? Dinner and drinks are on them tonight! Lol.
That's a wonderful story. What being neighborly is all about. :)

Hey hosers.

January was a tough year, but it's finally over! It's our second-busiest registration period and the start of Spring classes (and I am teaching a class this semester), I had my annual reappointment review, had to prepare my share (shared with 2 other people) of the writing and data for the yearly grant report, and helped write a conference proposal. And I only reintroduced caffeine about halfway through the month (I'm reintroducing yogurt today. Still off other dairy, gluten, soy, refined sugar, and alcohol.)

If I take a shower and put on clothes other than my pyjamas and robe, I'm going to call that a productive day.

Leo, it sounds like you deserve a play lazy weekend. (Our old family doctor used to say that when one of us was sick, to go home and play lazy.)

It is... gray. It might do something... rain, fog, snow, it's anyone's guess.

I have a nothing goin' on kind of weekend and thought I'd get some stuff done but I'm not exactly kicking it into gear. I'm going to get fabric & supplies together for a couple of quilt/embroidery projects and get it organized. I am, really I am, I'm going to get on it in a minute... while I watch afternoon hockey and evening hockey and late night hockey...

Hi all
00.20 bst, love the story about the washing machine,

Tony,
If you can’t use the snow blower, I have a #use# for it said very much not really
Can I borrow it to poo pick my back garden,

Doubt I could talk my boss into that. I can't even talk him into letting me take it home to do my driveway, and I live only 1.5 miles away.

Tony, thanks yes I think your boss would be a bit #issed if you said the snow blower was in the uk lol
The stones from the beach/sea defence being washed up over the foot path is a constant prob here.
Locals even suggested to the local council that a jcb be left here and locals trained to drive it. That way the council could leave the locals to move stone when needed..... Apparently can’t do that health and safety

Most reactions

New Topics

Back