What's new

The Coffee House

Also, states cannot make laws that are more restrictive than what the Constitution or SCOTUS case law allows, but they can grant citizens more rights than the feds give.
Interesting. That seems backward to me, bu t'm hardly a constitutional law expert.

The Tenth Amendment: "The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people."

The Bill of Rights enumerates the powers of the federal government. The 10th amendment (the last one in the Bill of Rights) basically says "everything else belongs to the states."
 
Last edited:
Now all the toilet paper and food panic is looking a little less alarmist yes?
I blame the internet and e-commerce ... if they hadn't forced the mail order businesses to go under, we'd have plenty of catalogs to use. :biggrin-93:
 
Now all the toilet paper and food panic is looking a little less alarmist yes?
I blame the internet and e-commerce ... if they hadn't forced the mail order businesses to go under, we'd have plenty of catalogs to use. :biggrin-93:

Why is ordering from a catalogue better than ordering online?
 
Now all the toilet paper and food panic is looking a little less alarmist yes?
I blame the internet and e-commerce ... if they hadn't forced the mail order businesses to go under, we'd have plenty of catalogs to use. :biggrin-93:

Why is ordering from a catalogue better than ordering online?
Because then... you have catalogues. Try wiping your butt with your cell phone and let me know that goes!
 
Sounds like a good time to curl up with a good book, been a while since I've read "The Stand" :)
 
Now all the toilet paper and food panic is looking a little less alarmist yes?
I blame the internet and e-commerce ... if they hadn't forced the mail order businesses to go under, we'd have plenty of catalogs to use. :biggrin-93:

Why is ordering from a catalogue better than ordering online?
Because then... you have catalogues. Try wiping your butt with your cell phone and let me know that goes!

But then you kill all those trees. Try breathing when there are no more trees and let me know how that goes.
 
[But then you kill all those trees. Try breathing when there are no more trees and let me know how that goes.
Well... that was meant tongue in cheek, but if you want to play serious, I would submit that the pollution and waste caused by the tech industries far outweigh the benefits of not producing mail-order catalogues...
 
That's what else people used to use in outhouses down on the farm! corncobs and Sears catalogs, I knew there was something...
 
And how does chocolate Guiness beer bundt cake sound? Yeah, I thought so too! Also ordered Irish soda bread, both from an area sort-of gourmet store (not all that gourmet but have a yummy deli and bakery). The internet can be a wonderful thing.
 
Morning all, well I hear you talking about alternative toilet paper. We will be ok we get so much junk mail, bumf,
Or as used to be the squares of paper that were threaded on string and hung up in the out house.
But I don’t know if this will translate out of the uk so..
As I tell my g kids it could be worse you could have to use that hard tracing like toilet paper think it was called Izal
 
Just replied to another post, so going to ask question here.
How many of you are affected or will be affected by the restrictions on movement or restrictions on gatherings
With regard to your photography pro, or hobby.
Have you had to find new locations, cancel events or change the sort of photography you do.
 
Just replied to another post, so going to ask question here.
How many of you are affected or will be affected by the restrictions on movement or restrictions on gatherings
With regard to your photography pro, or hobby.
Have you had to find new locations, cancel events or change the sort of photography you do.


As I have COPD and Asthma I have been staying in a lot, this Saturday will be the last time I go out for 12 weeks as I really have to be careful as it is now a Life and Death choice for me.
 
Now all the toilet paper and food panic is looking a little less alarmist yes?
I blame the internet and e-commerce ... if they hadn't forced the mail order businesses to go under, we'd have plenty of catalogs to use. :biggrin-93:

Why is ordering from a catalogue better than ordering online?
Because then... you have catalogues. Try wiping your butt with your cell phone and let me know that goes!
I don’t know... those glossy pages might make it worse... :aiwebs_016:
 
Just replied to another post, so going to ask question here.
How many of you are affected or will be affected by the restrictions on movement or restrictions on gatherings
With regard to your photography pro, or hobby.
Have you had to find new locations, cancel events or change the sort of photography you do.

I have backed out of a few meetups with my local group and have attended one - because it was outdoors in a very open space and only 5 others attending. I am thinking of another solo milky way shoot tomorrow night as weather and the moon rise/set look to be cooperating with the galactic core visibility window. Hoping to get in at least one more try before they impose some type of curfew or shelter in place here in MA. If I wait until the new moon on the 24th it might be too late.

This is the first spring in many years that I wasn’t going to be coaching a softball team or having to run all over attending my daughters high school games. I was looking forward to hitting all my spring bucket list shots in New England but now I may be either reduced to locations that don’t require an overnight stay or possibly tabletop macro if there is a restriction on going out.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom