What's new

The Coffee House

I have no problem with social distancing, when I go out with my camera people are a nuisance I avoid them anyway......
 
Interesting replies from everyone. I am having a coffee break in a mo I will go and pack up my camera kit.
I tried a photo project last night.... big flop. Lol I guess I was over reaching trying to do portraits in our front room
ESP with a cat that likes to try and climb the backdrop. Oh well it was entertaining as well as a learning curve
 
I hope the dick heads who panic buy get the virus first........
Wrong attitude. They're simply having a typical knee-jerk reaction to circumstances that are suddenly out of their control. The panicked part just wants some sense of control in their lives, so they're doing something silly. Once they see the delivery trucks keep showing up with paper products, as well as fresh produce, for a few weeks, this kind of behavior will hopefully calm down.

I get the attitude - I live in a small town with one grocery chain store and a WalMart - each of them picked clean. But they are getting restocked, so I'm trying not to get too aggravated.

I've told my husband that this small town is two missed delivery trucks away from going all The Monsters are Due on Maple Street. Funny/not funny. ;)
 
Not everyone will get this but...

upload_2020-3-18_14-59-0.webp
 

Attachments

  • upload_2020-3-18_14-59-0.webp
    upload_2020-3-18_14-59-0.webp
    33.4 KB · Views: 53
No don’t get it
UK schools to close, here a group has formed to help those staying in doors.
BBC are to stop filming. Eastenders and others Whilst not affected I can see a lot of peeps having withdrawals symptoms because there are no tv soap programmes
 
No don’t get it
UK schools to close, here a group has formed to help those staying in doors.
BBC are to stop filming. Eastenders and others Whilst not affected I can see a lot of peeps having withdrawals symptoms because there are no tv soap programmes

I've gone through East Enders withdrawal. It ain't pretty.
 
If anyone wants a feel good show (aside from Repair Shop), the Detectorists is great.

@SquarePeg, I get it, and it hurts. I hated that guy, and frankly, his demise wasn't nearly as bad as he deserved. But, good folks never torture bad folks, eh?
 
Too bad the parks are closing, but understand. The local Nature Preserve closed and was our favorite hiking path. There is a private lane behind us and I'll walk that to get some exercise, but nothing to photograph. My daughter did find us milk today in Missouri. She dropped off surprise flowers too. I can see stocking up for a 2 week period and hopefully when this is over the hoarders will donate their excess to the local food pantry. My husband had to run to Home Depot for a part to our grill and one of the workers said they sold freezers like hot cakes last week.
 
I hope the dick heads who panic buy get the virus first........
Wrong attitude. They're simply having a typical knee-jerk reaction to circumstances that are suddenly out of their control. The panicked part just wants some sense of control in their lives, so they're doing something silly. Once they see the delivery trucks keep showing up with paper products, as well as fresh produce, for a few weeks, this kind of behavior will hopefully calm down.

I get the attitude - I live in a small town with one grocery chain store and a WalMart - each of them picked clean. But they are getting restocked, so I'm trying not to get too aggravated.

I've told my husband that this small town is two missed delivery trucks away from going all The Monsters are Due on Maple Street. Funny/not funny. ;)

No its not the wrong attitude, they are selfish Dick Heads....
 
Hi all, got in some last moment shopping, no not toilet paper. There were gaps on the shelves but not to bad.
Finally managed to master the modern technology....well sort of.
My kids were trying to get me to have, what’s up doc.... no that’s not right what’s something or the other a video call thingie.
At last I have it on my phone and working and gave the kids a call....
No reply, no reply.... getting worried so use the land line. Answer straight away, they did not answer the mb, because even though it said my number..... “but you don’t use Mbl to call and you don’t have video calling.”
 
I hope the dick heads who panic buy get the virus first........
Wrong attitude. They're simply having a typical knee-jerk reaction to circumstances that are suddenly out of their control. The panicked part just wants some sense of control in their lives, so they're doing something silly. Once they see the delivery trucks keep showing up with paper products, as well as fresh produce, for a few weeks, this kind of behavior will hopefully calm down.

I get the attitude - I live in a small town with one grocery chain store and a WalMart - each of them picked clean. But they are getting restocked, so I'm trying not to get too aggravated.

I've told my husband that this small town is two missed delivery trucks away from going all The Monsters are Due on Maple Street. Funny/not funny. ;)

No its not the wrong attitude, they are selfish Dick Heads....
Calling them selfish dickheads is one thing - especially when they're acting like selfish dickheads, hoarding supplies and such.

You took it to a different level, and a dangerous one IMO, by wishing them physical harm. You lose your moral authority with those words.

These are frustrating times, scary even, but try a little patience. You're only increasing your own stress level.
 
WhatsApp,perhaps.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom