What's new

The Coffee House

Just replied to another post, so going to ask question here.
How many of you are affected or will be affected by the restrictions on movement or restrictions on gatherings
With regard to your photography pro, or hobby.
Have you had to find new locations, cancel events or change the sort of photography you do.

My book club decided to cancel this month.

Otherwise, in terms of hobbies or activities outside of work, it affects me exactly zero. I wasn't joking when I said I've been practicing social distancing for a very long time. Events with over 50 people? That's usually a big fat nope for me. So there's really no big change for me.
 
Just replied to another post, so going to ask question here.
How many of you are affected or will be affected by the restrictions on movement or restrictions on gatherings
With regard to your photography pro, or hobby.
Have you had to find new locations, cancel events or change the sort of photography you do.
I’m minimally impacted. Like Leo, I tend to avoid large gatherings (and really all gatherings lol), and I actually already work from home. It did cancel a conference that I didn’t want to go to, so that’s a positive! However, my daughter is now home from daycare and my wife is home from work (she is able to work from home, as well).

Regarding hobbies, it doesn’t impact me whatsoever. I never really did meetups (see the aforementioned avoidance of gatherings), and the photography group near me is too inconvenient to go to their meetings (time and location both). Plus, I have like 3 Harry Potter books to finish, so I’m set for another 2 months at least lol.
 
its Nice to know that most of you are going to be ok, SquarePeg I hope that do get your evening shoot in. Photography wise I will see minimal effect as well, because of illness I have been doing indoor or sat in the back garden photos. I tried to do a indoor shoot last night. I gave up after our cat Tinka started climbing up the back drop paper and batting 7 bells out of the stand because it was in the way lol
Chat to you all agin later.
 
Just replied to another post, so going to ask question here.
How many of you are affected or will be affected by the restrictions on movement or restrictions on gatherings
With regard to your photography pro, or hobby.
Have you had to find new locations, cancel events or change the sort of photography you do.
It's not going to affect me as far as photography. When I go to shoot, it's locally, and I'm not working with models or clients who I would now want to avoid. My photography has always involved social distancing.

In general, all my outdoor activities - hiking, leisure walking or riding my bike - don't involve other people, which is likely why they ARE my outdoor activities. :icon_mrgreen:
 
@SquarePeg : What do you think about the REAL breaking news of the day - Tom Brady is leaving the NE Patriots? :eek:
 
We are living in an RV full time. Arrived Las Vegas yesterday into a campground for 2 weeks. (Part of our free campgrounds nationwide)

We are here as part of our northward trek to Grand Tetons National Park, where we are supposed to have summer jobs.
Looks like we may be on hold for that job, as they are figuring out what to do..
May go out 1 night to photo deserted streets without touching anything..
 
@SquarePeg : What do you think about the REAL breaking news of the day - Tom Brady is leaving the NE Patriots? :eek:

the horror! Will miss him and his steady leadership of the team but if he wants to continue to be QB1 and the Pats want to go in another direction then I wish him the best. Will be sad to see him in another uniform but that seems to be how it goes these days - Joe Montana, Jerry Rice, Peyton Manning, Brett Favre...

We are living in an RV full time. Arrived Las Vegas yesterday into a campground for 2 weeks. (Part of our free campgrounds nationwide)

We are here as part of our northward trek to Grand Tetons National Park, where we are supposed to have summer jobs.
Looks like we may be on hold for that job, as they are figuring out what to do..
May go out 1 night to photo deserted streets without touching anything..

Hoping the parks stay open - not sure why they would close them unless the country moves to a stricter shelter in place type of mandate. Strange times ahead.
 
We hope they stay open also. As we thought about it, there is an 'employee chain' to having the parks open too.
Even if you close Visitor Centers, do you leave rest rooms open? Need employee to clean. Employee has to eat, live at Park.
Park open, need Rangers, vehicle needs gas station, maintenance...
No collection booths?
Do people run rampant as some did during Gov't shutdown?

Simplistic thoughts. I would LOVE to be in the near vacant park this summer!!
 
When the couch is just not comfy enough...


1E63A92E-EEF3-4FEC-ABFF-B38961E556AC.webp
 
We are living in an RV full time. Arrived Las Vegas yesterday into a campground for 2 weeks. (Part of our free campgrounds nationwide)

We are here as part of our northward trek to Grand Tetons National Park, where we are supposed to have summer jobs.
Looks like we may be on hold for that job, as they are figuring out what to do..
May go out 1 night to photo deserted streets without touching anything..

Not sure if you’ve seen this: Traveler's View: The National Park Service's Battle With Politics And Common Sense
 
Was planning on doing some photography workshops...those will be put on hold for the time being. Outside of that it shouldn't affect me much unless they issue a shelter in place order. I spend most of my free time out in the woods, away from people.
 
This panic buying is just totally stupid, why can`t people think about others... OH sorry they can`t they are thick and stupid.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom