What's new

The Coffee House

I have three baby robins on the bathroom windowsill. I saw one blue egg, then two... (Where it's perched I'd have to hang my head out the window I think to see all of it!) SInce they hatched I only saw two little bits of fuzz, then a beak would wobble up from the fuzz when mama bird returned to the nest. The other day I saw three little birdie butts! I sure hadn't seen a third one befpre. Now they all chatter every so often, probably whenever mama comes back.

I've lost track of when I first saw they'd hatched. I thought not quite two weeks, but do they grow that fast??
I just love this time of year. :586: Being able to track baby birds from eggs to empty nest is a beautiful thing.

Our mama barn swallow barely leaves her nest right now. We've had some chilly nights - dipping into the 40's F. - which I'm sure she didn't count on. They definitely arrived early this year; we're usually on bird-watch in June! It's warming though, so I think the worst is over for her and her brood.
 
Hi Jon.

It is now no longer Wednesday. Say no more! say no more! (Any of our friends in the UK Monty Python fans? if not disregard this sentence...)


Totally loved Monty Python as a boy, my favourite was the sweet little Killer Rabbit :D
 
That's a good one.

I got a Monty Python t shirt their website/store did since Terry Jones passed away, Whizzo chocolates. Got this package from the UK and couldn't think what on earth did I buy..? then remembered. It didn't take all that long, considering. I guess Monty Python gets the Royal Mail moving right along! (It's from Monty Python! a Very Important Package!! lol)
 
Hi Jon.

It is now no longer Wednesday. Say no more! say no more! (Any of our friends in the UK Monty Python fans? if not disregard this sentence...)

Wink wink nudge nudge!

In other news, I just ordered some humane mouse traps. Three guesses why.
 
Hi Jon.

It is now no longer Wednesday. Say no more! say no more! (Any of our friends in the UK Monty Python fans? if not disregard this sentence...)

Wink wink nudge nudge!

In other news, I just ordered some humane mouse traps. Three guesses why.
Zelda and Mrs. Parker are slackers?
 
Hi Jon.

It is now no longer Wednesday. Say no more! say no more! (Any of our friends in the UK Monty Python fans? if not disregard this sentence...)

Wink wink nudge nudge!

In other news, I just ordered some humane mouse traps. Three guesses why.
You want a mouse as a pet?
You want to use the mouse as bait to catch a cat?
You like the traps as decoration?
 
Has to be the dead parrot........:)

You have elephants running around?

Hi Jon.

It is now no longer Wednesday. Say no more! say no more! (Any of our friends in the UK Monty Python fans? if not disregard this sentence...)

Wink wink nudge nudge!

In other news, I just ordered some humane mouse traps. Three guesses why.
Zelda and Mrs. Parker are slackers?

Hi Jon.

It is now no longer Wednesday. Say no more! say no more! (Any of our friends in the UK Monty Python fans? if not disregard this sentence...)

Wink wink nudge nudge!

In other news, I just ordered some humane mouse traps. Three guesses why.
You want a mouse as a pet?
You want to use the mouse as bait to catch a cat?
You like the traps as decoration?

You are all correct! :biglaugh:

Funnily enough, the last time I lived in a house that had mice was in grad school. The four of us who lived in the house were not particularly bothered and we called him Mishka. Then he got into the pantry and we knew we had to trap him, which we did. We had already sort of bonded with him so we got a set-up and kept him as a pet. Except he didn't like that arrangement and died a few days later :(

Since we already had the set up, we then went to the pet store and bought two mice that were already used to captivity, and we had them for a the rest of grad school. We got one white mouse that we named Earl and a brown one that we named Freddie. After we realized they were girls, we decided to name them...Earl and Freddie. :)

They were the cutest little things! Earl absolutely loved the wheel and she would run fast. Freddie could never keep up, so when they were in the wheel together, Freddie would get so far behind that she just had to hang on and spin around the wheel while Earl ran :laughing:

Not planning on keeping my current resident mishka, but I will be rehoming as much of the family as I can catch.
 
Lazy Lobster had some things to pack so we’re filling boxes. I get to play with these once we get home!

image.webp
 
Train it to be a (small) darkroom rat.
 
Hi all, how is everyone today. Ok I know with the time difference some of you could still be thinking about breakfast
Lockdown here is being eased and a lot of people seem to think that translates to do whatever you like.
Well for me it’s 12.45 BST so it’s time to do some lunch, chat to you all again later
 
It promises to be an interesting night of hockey, said the announcer on a classic college hockey game from '93 on NESN. Of course he wouldn't know that it would be shown in the middle of the afternoon 25+ years later during a season stoppage with no hockey playoffs going on.

It's been a good one, when the Maine Black Bears defeat Boston U. to win their league Hockey East championship (but maybe not so much for Boston fans!) I never got to see these games, none of this was televised or on cable then.

Why is there always a bit of meloncholy watching these past games? There was a BU player who later went on to scout for an NHL team and was on one of the planes on 9/11. And a coach that since passed away at a fairly young age. Of course it's fun to see players who went on the the NHL when they were still playing college hockey.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom