The Coffee House

Evening all, this lockdown is now playing merry hell with my mental health.

I guess for me, after a stroke this hasn't seemed that long, having been thru not just months but into years of recovery and adjusting to things being different than before. (And I'm lucky, strokes at a relatively young age tend to be more debilitating than just needing a cane.) Taking an early retirement I'm already used to being home and not working so my routine during the week isn't that different. Weekends are when it's odd to not go out and about somewhere.

And I'm glad that you're being preventive and knew to contact your doctor/medical professional. You aren't alone.

Seems like the lockdown was more restrictive in the UK, I'm glad it seems to be starting to be a little less so. My state has been taking it gradually getting reopened which in the long run will probably be best than to rush it and end up with it starting right back up.

Evening all, this lockdown is now playing merry hell with my mental health.

Yes it’s getting hard to take. I know you Brits are used to “carrying on” and not hiding out...

Me too, phoned the doctor and now have some pills.....

Hope you feel better...

I guess for me, after a stroke this hasn't seemed that long, having been thru not just months but into years of recovery and adjusting to things being different than before. (And I'm lucky, strokes at a relatively young age tend to be more debilitating than just needing a cane.) Taking an early retirement I'm already used to being home and not working so my routine during the week isn't that different. Weekends are when it's odd to not go out and about somewhere.

And I'm glad that you're being preventive and knew to contact your doctor/medical professional. You aren't alone.

Seems like the lockdown was more restrictive in the UK, I'm glad it seems to be starting to be a little less so. My state has been taking it gradually getting reopened which in the long run will probably be best than to rush it and end up with it starting right back up.

Your patience was hard earned.

Hi all, we just found out that shielded people are to remain Shielded until the end of June

I read yesterday that social distancing will be with us until at least the end of the year, now that is depressing.......

Yes sure is depressing, esp when you have like yesterday loads of peeps on the sea front
Just hope we don’t have a 2nd peak and have to go backwards into lockdown

I think once the weather warms up and people start getting crankier, all these regulations will go out the window when people start doing what they want.

I think once the weather warms up and people start getting crankier, all these regulations will go out the window when people start doing what they want.

That's not how regulations work. They don't just concede to whatever people feel like doing.

I, for one, welcome the idea that people will have to stand 6 feet away from me in public.

That's not how regulations work. They don't just concede to whatever people feel like doing.

Except in Wisconsin.

... and I am officially back in quarantine for two weeks. Like the last time (when we weren't sure if we had been exposed), I'm taking my temperature daily.

Well Charlie, you can hang with us hosers that are barely out of quarantine, starting the coffee house was a great idea, gives us someplace virtual to hang out! You know, I was thinking when I broke my ankle, had knee surgery,etc. (yeah, I'm a klutz!) I was off work hobbling around at home for 2 months. The time can drag but you manage to get thru it.

Thanks SharonCat, I guess sometimes you just gotta do what you gotta do. When my family Dr. took a position at one of the hospitals and I started seeing a new Dr., she said I must've worked really hard to be doing as well as I was. I was like, I guess so! I was in for the long haul, felt like I lost almost a year; I lost function of one side of the body and nerves take a long time to heal so it's a slow process but I kept getting better. Still do, stroke recovery can go on for years, my Dr. said she thinks a lot of people just give up.

Of course I've been retired for long enough I'm used to being home, it was weird at first after 31 years for school to start to still be home; summers off I was used to. Guess for all of us it's going to be a summer of figuring out what you can do from home. My state just this past week started gradually reopening in a limited way, half the fire code capacity, wear face masks, etc. and there's not much else to go do other than the store, etc.

If this was the middle of winter nobody'd care that they're spending more time at home! Maybe turn the AC on, bundle up, pretend there's a blizzard outside... nah, don't suppose that'd fool yourself!

The east coast seems to have been hit much worse than west coast, minus San Francisco and Los Angeles. I didn't say I agree or disagree, but unless they are going to rally the national guard they will not be to contain the majority here. Law enforcement has pretty much said they will not enforce unless it causes major problems.

Once people start down that road others will join in. . When people don't actually see the problem they tend to think they are invincible.

My life has only changed in the fact that I can't go out to dinner, and my hobby stores are still closed, other than that, pretty much normal. I've always avoided going out in public if I can, people in general tend to irritate me.

I think medical professionals across the board advocate for people getting outside, fresh air and sunshine - you just have to follow your local regulations when you do. Stay 6 feet away from people and wear a mask if that seems unlikely to be able to do. Take hand sanitizer along to keep your hands clean; don't touch public places.

But by all means, get out from the four walls to the extent your local ordinances allow it. Even when we were "shut down," it was okay to traverse along the street or through a park as long as the social distancing guidelines were adhered to. More attention is being given to wearing simple masks. Protect others from yourself; protect yourself.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back